How can we improve the image of English teachers in Asia?

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Serial Killer On Parole”]Question? Is being a Ped a mental illness or is it a natural state? Let’s say we accept gays now as being naturally that way. How do we know Peds also aren’t just that way? Each to their own fetish?
[/quote]
As a teenager I found it disturbing reading pre-Victorian and Victorian literature (including Jane Austen) where 14, 15 or 16 year olds were led down the altar…[/quote]
Whether pedophiles are “just that way” or however young girls were when they got married in Victorian times, these days most societies draw a clear line between the child and the adult – which has nothing to do with being gay or straight.
We’ve all seen the over-weight and over-40 white guys who sweat profusely while teaching “cute” Asian kids, be it Taiwan, Thailand or Korea. Some of the vile creatures I have met in Taiwan while writing and promoting teaching materials here have turned my stomach – there is just something wrong with these men; they could be pedophiles, they could be retarded, they could be genuinely interested in education. The problem is that for most Asians, the alarm bells do not go off and hence these freaks get jobs. My rule to improve the image of English teachers in Asia would be that anyone male and white who constantly looks like they’ve just got out of a very hot bath should not be allowed near children. Should there be a witchhunt? I’m not a teacher. Regulate yourselves if you think you have an image problem.