How do non-Asian women feel about Asian Guys?

I usually do enjoy easing up on tits :slight_smile:

*air-raid siren! ‘Can we get a ‘STFU tommy’ here STAT?’

O_o

What exactly do you find so amusing? Men here happen to like greatly the local girls, which makes in many cases more difficult for a foreigner girl to find somebody, or that’s what I have heard several times. They (foreigner girls) also complain about local guys because usually they are, in they’re words, too shy.

You got laid a lot? great.

:roflmao:

Well, at least you are happy… when you are an emoticon.

I think in all things, but particularly in a thread asking for non-Asian women’s views, that a waiguo guy should tell everyone what we think. Pure projection. :roflmao:

1 Like

Oh wow! This explains why 3 out of my 4 best friends on la isla formosa are local women! Because I hate them so much!

And here I spent six years in Taiwan and never without a willing dick to fuck me.

generalizations, Jesus, Jesus.

May be I was generalizing, which is a pretty common thing here btw, but it is something that I have heard many times, plus you can even see threads here with similar opinions written by… woman. Indeed, there is a meme about the “sexual life of a white woman in Taiwan”. I guess that means something.

There’s some truth to that, and the dating dynamic is certainly different in Taiwan- it was a shock to me, I won’t deny it. But I think any “thinking” western woman wouldn’t immediately hate her Taiwanese counterparts - particularly when you often see that the expat men behave very badly toward many of them. Of the dozens of couples/dating situations I’ve seen between western men/Taiwanese women, I can think of maybe 2 (I’m being generous here, I can only think of one actually but I’m sure…somewhere? There was another one) where I thought it was a good relationship/the guy was someone I would consider dating.
For the most part I’ve seen western guys cheating on their Taiwanese girlfriends. The culture is different and I think it’s harder (because of culture and language; NOT because the local girls are any less smart) for a local girl to spot a skunk.

However I’m sure there are MANY MANY wonderful couplings between western men and Taiwanese women. I live in a smaller town and have observed mostly men in their mid-twenties- certainly different from more mature, married couples.

Well, I partially agree with you. However, I have to say that for what I have read from you, I consider you a quite sensible and sensitive young girl, most likely above the average girl you can find, so you are not a valid example :smiley:

I also see some accusations towards the foreign male population… take care with that. I’m not saying that there’s no truth in that, but don’t get too biased like others already are…

Awww thanks!

I’ve definitely been really really bad about this in the past. I had quite a shock a couple of years ago, in which I was put in a position where i felt like I was betraying another woman by not telling her what I knew, and when 3 or 4 girls in a row came crying to me about their foreign boyfriends. It was a really hard time for me personally, and I developed some prejudices against western guys in Taiwan and even perpetuated that by talking about it with a lot of people. I feel pretty shitty about any damage I’ve done- it’s never a good idea to point the finger at an entire group of people. Individuals should be taken as they come.

Now I just tell my young female students, “If you want to date a foreign guy, remember to look him straight in the eye and ask this question, ‘Are we exclusive?’ and watch carefully for his reaction.”
I think Taiwanese girls don’t even think to ask this question- it seems that most just assume exclusivity when they are sleeping with someone.

I would love to see a discussion on this topic with ONLY actual foreign women participating in the conversation. Every time this question comes up, the dialogue is always dominated foreign MEN describing this fantasy scenario where all of the women (Taiwanese and foreign) desperately want them (foreign men), Taiwanese men have no good traits, and nobody wants foreign women. It just doesn’t reflect the reality I see at all and is such an obvious male ego tripping fantasy.

Taiwanese guys are “too shy” to pursue a woman? Have you experienced being a white woman in Taiwan? Because I have, and I got pursued just as much as I did in the States.

Of the the western women I know here, some are in relationships with other foreigners, some are in relationships with Chinese/Taiwanese guys(ABC and local). When I tell my western female, Taiwanese male, and Taiwanese female friends my SO is Taiwanese, they might have some questions, but never express negativity. The western guys are the ONLY ones I know spewing this anti-Taiwanese guy vitriol. (and even then, it’s not all of them, and the ones that do are usually leaning more towards the “pick up a new Tai-mei every night at the expat bar” type than “serious stable relationship” type)

2 Likes

Mao-mi, if you are talking about my post (which I don’t know, but I suspect it’s the case), I have only one advice for you: learn to read properly.

A dissenting opinion: I think the assumption works the other way. Many Taiwanese women assume men will cheat simply because they are men. There is this self-perpetuating idea that men cannot be trusted to control themselves in the presence of women. Something is bound to happen sooner or later… and a pragmatic way of addressing the issue is to turn a blind eye toward it all and hope that at least your man isn’t super obvious about it.

About your suggestion, it’ll probably never fly. Most Taiwanese people seem allergic to asking or answering direct questions. For the longest time I considered this to be part of some infernal game… nowadays I just think it’s kind of sly and pragmatic given how people date in Taiwan. Everyone’s riding a mule and looking for a horse, right? And so no one wants to ask or answer questions about being involved with anyone else, and pretty much no one will believe you when you volunteer information that doesn’t match the stereotype. It took me a while but eventually I realized that most women in Taiwan assume foreign guys are probably lying scumbags (something they have already come to terms with, by the way)… and if you say that you’re not seeing anyone else they’ll just scoff, say “yeah, right”, and think “well, at least he’s keeping up the act!” Either that or I’ve just met a lot of unusually cynical people since moving here…

1 Like

Don’t you have a women’s forum for exactly this purpose?

That’s quite a generalization. We’re not all like that.

1 Like

How would the OP see his answers, genius?

Google ‘Yes all women’. The gist is ‘So?’

The OP is NOT the person who made that stupid request. It was another user, just for your information. If she finds this other person’s thread interesting, she can open it in the only-woman-forum.

Look at the title of the thread. Is it ‘What do white guys in Taiwan and tommy think non-Asian women think about Asian women?’

Deeply, deeply. Truly. Painfully.

Emirtrude, the same than in other threads people ask about what happens with this and that stuff, and people of all kind give information and opinion, it happens here.

Let me give you an example.

“Why black people have long dicks?”

response from a white guy:

“I heard that it was useful in the past for their race. Now I have heard that it’s more of a pain in someone’s ASS”.

And somebody can say it without being black.

You are welcome.

Ouch, it burns, it BURNS!