How do non-Asian women feel about Asian Guys?

xDDDD

Does it really make you feel better? LOL

I’m responding to a woman who wants to see a discussion on this topic with only women involved. I saw no mention of making it a discussion for the benefit of the OP. Seems like a job for the women’s forum but evidently I’m some kind of moron for thinking so?

1 Like

Don’t even waste your energy on this xD

Not a moron, just not really following things. It’s fine. Normal.

OP, A facebook friend in Taipei joined a facebook group in Taipei for Asian guys with non-asian women (don’t recall the exact name). Maybe you could join it and find out? :slight_smile:

Hahaha “not all men” he says

Linkie? :smiley:

Now that I have Googled that I have even less of an idea of what point you’re trying to make. When I said “We’re not all like that” I mean that not all foreign men have this specific ego-tripping fantasy described in the post I was responding to.

No need, I have received several insightful responses that have answered my questions. To those who have provided value added responses (and believe several have) I wish to thank them.

Maybe you should shorten the name and just go with redneck?

mad_masala - this is beyond lame. Just give it up. Are you a non-Asian women sharing how she feels about Asian guys? No…so stfu. Why you are even interjecting on this issue is pathetic. So, you are a foreigner with a massive cock and all the local girls fawn over you and all the foreign girls wish they could be with you but they can’t because you’re soooo hawt and they’re not…urgh…vomit You, my friend, are a cliche. Go. Away.Go faaaaaar away. Quickly, please.

There are plenty non-Asian girls that think Asian guys are HOT. They are manly, sexy, super-fine, generous lovers, and awesome boyfriends. I’m lucky enough to be dating one. And I chose him hands down over the general newby egotistical, wanker “whitey” that thinks his shyte doesn’t stink because he’s in Asia.

Sir, pleeeeeaaaase sit down and shut up. This is not your thread.

1 Like

Ahhhh, the Forumosa Dating & Relationship forum— A virtual land that provides equal parts fascination, entertainment (of the craning your neck to see a train wreck variety) and perpetual exasperation for your average western female reader.
Welcome, Grinder! I for one am glad to have you here, and hope to see you post more often. Not so much because of the personal insults you’ve hurled at mad_masala (lightning bolt somewhere with your name on it, I’m sure) but because it’s wonderful to have the perspectives of someone who does not fit forumosa’s usual demographic (mostly male of course).

I’m also glad to have mad_masala, because variety of opinions breeds discussion and discussion is what it’s all about.

I find everyone gets put in their place pretty fast around here anyways :wink:

Again, I would like to thank all who have provided value added responses to this thread. I have no non-Asian women friends here (that I know well enough) to ask regarding this subject.

I welcome any and all inputs in response to the basic question or expansion on it. Certainly it is best answered by non-Asian women who have experienced living here and their preference in dating, relationships, or marriage while here. Several have done so openly and I believe honestly (definitely value added). However, if only women had responded, we would not have received several insightful perspectives from the Asian guys on the other side. They were excellent and quite personable. This was an unexpected benefit and their comments strongly supported some of the ladies references to existing cultural differences, a perspective I did not have any insight before.

My takeaways so far from the non-Asian women:

• They are physically attracted to the Asian men, some extremely attracted to them. No problem here.
  • Several stated a preference to date non-Asian men due to common language, experiences, and backgrounds. The need for communication and sharing common experiences were/are the most important aspects to their relationships.
  • A few are in relationships with Asian men, and have stated they are quite happy (it works).
  • The culture differences are real, and a problem. This was strongly stated from both sides, non-Asian women and the Asian men.
1 Like

No doubt.

The ‘point’ is that nobody cares if you are a good boy. It has no effect on women. Look at this thread, for example. Does it matter if all of you say the shit, or half of you, or one of you? We still hear it it, all the time. Whenever some guy is saying ‘Ooooh tits! Foreign girls hate Taiwanese women because they’re jealous! They are all gagging for us western guys!’, there’re also a group of stragglers saying ‘I don’t think that!’

And? You want candy for not being nasty?

Think about who has more opportunity to stop the trash talk. The people being talked about, or the guys who stand there and listen and say ‘But it’s not me!’? :cactus:

1 Like

Confirmed. You need it:

Once you have learnt the basics, perhaps you can try again.

[quote=“Icon”]

i saw it pop up as a suggested group in facebook because he joined it and can’t recall the name. i searched using different combinations but couldn’t find it.if i see again i’ll let you know.

EDIT : I found it. I might have been mistaken about it being in Taipei. I might have assumed that since my friend living in Taiwan joined it. But the name is “White females & Asian males”.

Now, what does a friend do when he hears Icon is ailing? He sends a linkie to a page of sexy Taiwanese guys. Now that is what I call a good friend.

I haven’t had good luck in bars. I don’t drink and I hate spending 200+ on cheap drinks. Bars are overpriced, and the people are not necessarily that friendly.

I saw one white girl at Sapphos one time, talked to her a little bit and another guy takes her away. Then I try talking to her later and she seems mostly uninterested. There were only one or two so I didn’t bother trying to talk to the others because I’m not good at this.

I hang out at church a lot but too many girls there are the “will remain single forever until God tells me to marry him” types. No idea what kind of background or upbringing they come from but I don’t believe God tells someone to marry someone else in most cases, so regrettably most of those girls stay single forever even if they really want someone. I’m open to other types of venues to meet people but I really don’t like bars and the environment it presents. Too much ego going on and I don’t feel welcomed by people there at all, so I only go if someone invites or drags me there.

Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum and this is actually the first topic I feel I could comment about. :bow:

Having been dating an Asian guy for over two years now, I think I may offer my two cents in this conversation. My boyfriend was born in Hong Kong but was mostly raised and educated abroad, therefore he is what many define a Third Culture Kid. His family is still quite Chinese - minded though.

I think some myths about Asian guys still persist and some Western girls may be put off because of this, especially in case they don’t have a first hand experience with Asian guys. When I was living in Beijing I met few Asian guys that I felt I could connect with and most of them were either raised or educated abroad. I simply felt that there was less cultural gap with these people compared to Chinese-Chinese. Too much hot Italian blood going on here for them! :sunglasses: That being said, I personally know some non-Asian girls that are in a relationship with Asian-Asian guys, so my opinion is definitely just referred to myself and my experience.

In general, I think there is quite of a cultural gap between Asians and Westerners (I am from Italy) that is possible to overcome with some effort from both parties. It is not always an easy thing though, especially when it comes about dealing with families. I personally found very hard to handle my boyfriend’s family and I still struggle to figure that aspect out.

In case you guys are interested in the topic, I have a blog about mixed relationships and intercultural dating and you are certainly welcome to come and check it out;

http://www.theloveblender.com

You know I’m so third cultured it’s not even funny. I find it extremely difficult to connect with local Taiwanese and therefore I find it hard to be friends or more with them. Western woman on the other hand seems friendly but don’t seem to want to consider relationships. I have not found enough ABC’s in Taiwan to really know if they are a good match for me. I’m not off put by ABC girls but I just don’t see many of them.

One thing that Taiwanese puts me off is the family… I don’t have a good relationship with my extended family simply because I can’t put up with their superstition or other BS they keep doing (like excessive gossiping), and I sure as hell don’t want to marry into a family like that too. I guess for ABC’s it’s not really the girl that would be a problem, but her extended family. I mean if I were in a relationship with a Westerner, I’d let her know that I’d stand by her and not listen to my family’s BS. If my parents don’t like my choice of mates, I’d tell them that I’m not asking for their permission to marry or date. Problem is, I never had the chance to date anyone before.

You know there are worse things than marrying into a Chinese family… try Muslim families… if they don’t like your choice of mate they kill you for “honor”!

Yes I completely agree with you, dealing with traditional Chinese families is a real pain the a**. Even when they are not too traditional, still there are dynamics within the family that are just so hard to understand and accept for a foreigner. Things like the idea that parents are always right just because they are older (??) or that they are entitled to stick their nose in whatever business of their sons/ daughters’ life and freely comment and criticize about it… Man, you must be really in love to deal with these things and maintain your temper.

But then, once again, this is just my experience. I am sure many other Chinese families are more open-minded, liberal and relaxed. Maybe I was just very unlucky from this point of view! :noway: