How do non-Asian women feel about Asian Guys?

Rocket, was the walrus like fuck Paul!

Oh, no arguments from me. Both ukes and the Beatles are for retards. Ramming a chopstick in my ear is more gratifying than either. Ukes can be funny, but the unaccomplished are often sentimental, both in music and in life, which is WHY CHRISTINE MCVIE SHOULDN’T HAVE BEEN IN FLEETWOOD MAC.

Paul McfriggingCartney, my stripey ass.

When I found out the whole Paul is Dead deal was a hoax, my first question was, like, where do I send money to help make it friggin true???

Is that Christine McVie?

I have to go and sit in over-airconned rooms pretending to listening to a succession of bald d00ds for the next 2.5 hours. aka ‘meetings’. ‘And the slapheaaaaads yappin like they know the scoooore, and it’s boring, it’s boring, it’s boring, like never befor-or-orrrre’.

:serenade:

Are you Christine McfriggingVie???

Less of the lip, or I’ll leave traps out.

Angela Lansbury?

Like I can keep them frigging straight?

As noted, I’m just a frigging raccoon!

Heh!

:roflmao:

Well you know what they say, when the wife gets older she starts looking like her husband. And the husband starts to look like the family dog.

But then thats unkind. The alternative to getting old and ugly is NOT better !

We all get old and ugly man… if we are LUCKY :slight_smile:

(oh and can someone change the “to” in the title to “do” finally after so many pages? )

Yeah funny how South Asians simply got pushed out of “being Asian” by the East Asians, at least in certain locales. But over in East Asia “Asians” refer only to East Asians. Even Phillipinos (shit cant spell that country) tend to be called PHilippinos rather then “Asian” both in East Asia and California. Indians are called Indians in California, Iraqis are Iraqis and Iranians are Iranians (not that most Americans can tell an Iraqi apart from an Iranian or perhaps from an Indian).

In a way though, you can say you are “lucky” because rather then being Indian, you can be Indian or Pakistani as the case may be. “Asians” can be Japanese , or Chinese or HOng Kongnese or Korean.

Yes please! It’s been bugging me this whole time!

It’s been bugging me too- but I can only seem to change the first post, unless I manually go through and change every one. I’m sure there’s a way to do them all at once, but I haven’t figured it out yet. Project for another time =/

whew thanks. Its ok, just change the title in first post. no need to go over each and every post lah.

I don’t know if it’s from reading this thread or what, but I seem to have observed a lot more Local Dude/Foreign Lady (LD/FL hereafter) couples in the last couple weeks.
(I grant you there’s no statistical consideration for whether the fellas might be Overseas Chinese)
These were all clearly couples, full-on PDA and all.
In all cases, the FL was pretty nice looking, FWIW.
The LDs all looked to have at least a little more going on than your average Joe Bag of Dougan.
And the FLs were all at least a couple inches taller than their companions.

But the part that struck me the most was look on these guys’ faces.
Unlike the normal situation where you see the pasty chinless baldheaded knock kneed Western guy out with his nominally 4 to 5 levels above his pay grade local date, and he’s constantly glaring hostilely hither and yon like a convict in the mess hall protecting his lime green Jell-O, these dudes all had this goofy sort of dazed happy expression going.

Looked like guys you see who’ve won the lottery.

Swing away, Merle!

I was just reading about this lovely couple. Guy is a Taiwanese actor, married like 20 years to this US lady. Their kid is taking his first steps into acting.

Saw a pretty young french lady one time in my fav cafe in the dunhwa/chonghsiao area with a tW dude. He spoke french too (and chinese). They looked like a nice couple.

I’m a straight male, addressing men only. My last post on this thread before I STFU.
I’m not personally insulted by mad_masala calling me “confused by other Forumosans”. That’s irony.

Anyway, forums are like auditoriums with 1,000s of people. Posting is like getting on stage & grabbing the mic.

Hog the mic, and you look selfish, self-important, & inconsiderate. Let others speak.
Especially the women in D&R. When women start talking in D&R, men should STFU.
Sound “unfair” & “unequal” to men like mad_masala & Xeno, to self-restrict “free speech” rights of “expressing yourself”???
Historically, mostly men talk in D&R, and women STFU, and don’t express themselves.

This was a thread asking how non-Asian women feel about Asian guys. Didn’t notice it until it had reached page 6.
As of page 9 (pre-Fleetwood Mac), # of posts made by all women in this thread, in order of posting appearance:

Ermintrude: 16
Icon: 3
Ironlady: 1
Elikung: 1… (6 posts in 2mos)
Grinder: 3… (73 in 10yrs)
Mao-mi: 2… (49 in 2yrs)
NTLT: 5
Kfoyo: 1… (5 in 5mos)
marghini: 2… (new)

Probably rare for 9 women to post on the same D&R thread. 5 aren’t regulars, with a total of 135 posts.
Review the thread, & you’ll see even Ermintrude only has 2 posts before mad_masala firebombed the thread with:

If you don’t realize how inflammatory that is, switch the categories to the ones you belong to.
Might as well just say foreign guys hate local guys… or foreign guys hate foreign girls. Get it??
Or on a thread asking what Latino men think of Asian women, I said:
“What I’ve found to happen is that Latino men in TW hate white women for obvious reasons”. Get it???

of “free speech” posts made by mad_masala & Xeno (white men):

mad_masala: 19… (1,978 in 3yrs)
Xeno: 8… (476 in 1yr)

mad_masala freely spoke more than 8 women combined, excluding Ermintrude. I’d rather hear the 8 women.
Xeno expressed himself 1 less time than all 5 non-regular women combined. I’d rather hear the 5 women.
100s of other white men had the sense or courtesy to not grab the mic at all. And mad_masala & Xeno believe in equality???

The 2 men kept “debating”, the women countered, the 2 men kept debating, and all women STFU, except Ermintrude.
Presumably a typical D&R pattern. Many people don’t like to come online in their free time to debate (I don’t).

Imagine if no man had ever posted on the thread at all.
If only women had posted, more women might have kept posting. I’m sure more than 9 women viewed the thread.
Eventually, the “pro-Asian guys” posts would be complemented by other women posting “not pro-Asian guys”. Get it???
Then maybe they’d start posting more regularly in other D&R threads.
Instead, D&R is a crowd of men speculating on Dating & Relationships with women…
… and then alienating the women to STFU because of “free speech” & “expressing themselves”…
… and talking as if they know anything about D&R with women.
That’s irony.
Is that what mad_masala, Xeno or other men want? That’s what incessant male “free speech” causes & self-perpetuates.

If you don’t want that (some may), in future threads mainly to or about women,
…don’t always grab the mic & blabber off every opinion that pops into your mind.
Unless you want D&R to be mostly men and only the female opinions of Ermintrude, Icon, Ironlady, & NTLT.
No offense to them, but I doubt they themselves & most other people want that. Certainly not Forumosa.

If you disagree with what Ermintrude says in D&R, don’t keep arguing in D&R. Be a man & let it go.
Let the women argue with her. Or argue with her elsewhere, like in Temp or Open.
If you keep arguing, other women (or most men) aren’t going to post. Then what’s going to happen next time?
Fewer women voices, and another argument & more karma with Ermintrude. Get it???

So if you want more women to post in D&R, STFU more.
Or keep grabbing the mic & proving you care more about your own “free speech” & “expressing yourself”.

1 Like

Why spend all that time analyzing a thread without actually reading and understanding what’s going on? I resent having my positions and views so blatantly mischaracterized but have little interest in cataloging your errors and ill-founded assumptions. I hope it is obvious to anyone swinging by that your thesis is absurd. Some general points:

This is not a moderated panel of experts. This is a message forum. Yes, the topic at hand is about what women think, but this doesn’t mean that men should have to “shut the fuck up” and say nothing about it, especially since these kinds of conversations tend to be fairly free-wheeling and will frequently go off topic. You may have counted posts but I don’t get the sense you actually read any of them. Actually, the main problem with your analysis might simply be that you’ve conflating my sentiments with someone else’s simply because I’ve lightly sparred with the combative Ermintrude in this thread.

How I really feel about how non-Asian women and Asian men: sure, why not? Here in Taiwan cultural differences might make it challenging… but it’s not really something I am really qualified to have an opinion about, now is it? I’ve heard some things about local Taiwanese men from the various non-Asian women I’ve met since moving here. I relayed some of those anecdotes in my first post and stated clearly that they should be taken with a grain of salt. Apart from that I haven’t really addressed the original question… though I have said a few things about issues peripheral to that question (e.g. Chinese family dynamics… which you don’t need to be a woman to have an opinion about).

Whatever the case, I am not in any way, shape, or form “against” Asian guys, nor do I subscribe to any white male fantasies about how incredibly attractive we are to Asian women (and whatever jealous that might inspire in non-Asian women). Just cut me right out of that narrative entirely, thank you.

Finally, I haven’t said much of anything about free speech and expression… but I don’t think we have to choose between men speaking and women participating. We can have both if men aren’t alienating women when they speak (and vice versa). Easier said than done, of course, but I am mainly addressing this idea that gender harmony can be achieved through post count parity. I would simply argue that it matters more what people say and how they say it.

Cloud13, I´m afraid that there are so many things wrong said by you that I don’t know if to reply or STFU so that you, Emirtrude and who knows who else will be happier. Well, I´m going to give it a shot:

For example, you use this as an argument:

But it happens to me that I’m nothing to do with whatever you say that has happened in history. I mean, it is not my fault, and I don’t agree with what you bring as facts, and I wouldn’t support that posture of having women STFU anyway. That’s for starters.

Then you use another argument about the amount of posts by woman, and the amount of posts I wrote. I start to feel that you haven’t studied anything remotely related with science, or perhaps you are doing it on purpose. The thing is that you can not say “hey, this is about what woman think and you posted more than woman”… and at the same time count posts that were not opinions but RESPONSES to other people, related or not to the topic. Because, as you may understand, it´s not the same to reply to somebody who is talking to you than to post messages with your opinion and theories because you think that they can bring in some light to the topic. I really hope you don’t have any job related to social studies or engineering anything.

Then you proceed to say that I was claiming for my right to write here out of free speech, and although that would be a good reason, I was actually writing here because I just felt to, and then I just remarked that ALSO man can say here something about what we think that women feel or think.

Then you say:

But that only happened in your imagination. No fact nor logic supports that. Women indeed would feel more tempted to reply in a thread where there’s more activity, and they are the main topic.

So, I can agree with you in this:

Except in the part of being a man. Come on, that´s nothing to do with being a man. Are you, perhaps, assuming that to discuss and not to give up is a typical WOMAN behavior? LOL But for what is worth it, I consider myself a person with male and female characteristics, and I even think that there´s nothing wrong with it. I like my female part most of the time :smiley:

But again, this is simply not true:

But I would give you that I should try to avoid to discuss with Emirtruño, for the forum’s sake.

No.

Yeah, it sounds more like it, as long as I consider it appropriate and nobody convinces me of the contrary.

Anyway, I agree with the flame thing. Honestly, it wasn’t my intention, and it stills surprises me a bit that it can produce these so passionate reactions. But hey, it was a bit of an off topic and could sounds harsh indeed. But please, let me ask you to read my posts again, because you have accused me before of saying things that I never said, CLEARLY.

I personally don’t care if you think that I should shut up and “let the woman talk”, because the OP already thanked our participation, which is the important thing here :wink: