How do you select page numbers in a thread?

In the old Forumosa (or any other forum using the phpBB software), if you choose a topic of discussion, you automatically land on the first page of the thread, but there are numbered pages and you can select the last one if you want to see the latest reply. That’s rather important, since some popular threads can last for years and create dozens of pages.

With the new Forumosa, I’m very frustrated when I choose to read one of these old and long topic threads. I get dumped on a the very beginning of the thread, and I see no page numbers to choose from. It seems that every post is presented in one very long page. You can scroll to the bottom, and then more replies appear - you have to wait for them to load, and then more appear. I suppose it could take you an hour to more to scroll to the end of a long thread.

EDIT: OK, I do see how you can get to the very last post in the thread, though it’s not intuitive. But I’m not seeing page numbers. Did I miss that?

1 Like

I’d like to know the same thing, so far browing through threads has been a nightmare.

It does take a little getting used to.

What device are you using to read the topic? If it’s a desktop or large tablet, then for long threads, look to the right of the text and you will see a timeline that you can grab and scroll down with. It’s pretty cool once you get the hang of it.

If are on mobile, look for a bluish rectangle at the bottom right corner of your screen. Touch it and you are presented with a simple navigation menu (top, bottom, jump to a post). Also the bluish background fills up depending on where you are in the thread.

I hope this helps

Thanks. I’m on a full-screen computer, and now I see the vertical slide bar on the right side of the screen. It wasn’t obvious to me that this was actually a slide bar that I could manipulate, I thought it was simply a marker to show me where I was in the thread.

2 Likes