How long is the process of getting a Taiwanese visa in Hong Kong

Hello,

I am planning to go to Hong Kong soon to apply for a visitors visa. I was wondering if anyone knows if Hong Kong has an express service where I can apply for a visa in the morning and then pick it up on the same day in the afternoon?

Thank you

pretty sure ROC citizens get a landing visa in HK.

Yes they do. In fact so long as you arrive before 12 pm (i.e. take a number) you can get a same-day visa issued.

What I meant is: I am an American going to Hong Kong to apply for a Taiwanese Visa, can that be done in one day?

If I’m not mistaken (and if policy hasn’t changed) if you’re American and you hold an American passport, you’ll need to go to a Taiwan Economic Cultural Office (TECO) in the states to apply for your Taiwanese Visa.

Hong Kong TECO services those with a Hong Kong ID/passport.

How long are you planning on staying? You can visit for 90 days visa-free on a U.S. passport.

I am applying for a visa so I can work in Taiwan, I already have a job
lined up but because I previously overstayed my visa exempt time I am
unable to apply for the new visa in Taiwan.

You sure about that?

Unless something has changed or nothing has changed and I’m just wrong. :confused:

@yyy help a brotha out?

last time i did that they didnt have same day anymore. but i begged them and showed them my flights and they said ok so. you might want to check the website or confirm by calling

http://www.tecos.org.hk/visadirectory

Are you thinking of China? They have historically made life difficult for US citizens applying for visas outside their own country.

For Taiwan, doing visa runs to HK TECO is pretty standard procedure.

Thanks for the clarification. I wish I was aware of this earlier!

If you had your ducks in a row you used to be able get it done in one day but I haven’t heard any confirmation to that fact lately. I asked at the BOCA(?) in Taipei and they said they were doubtful they had the same speedy service as in the past.