How to Claim Receipt Lottery

I just want to ask: Can you exchange your winning receipts on Taiwan Post Bank? If they require you any 身份字號, is it located at the back of your ARC?

I went 4 years ago to claim my winning receipts and they told me I needed a local ID.

@mad_masala said he uses his ARC at the Post Office and has had no issues.

I think this may be another one of those, depends on who you talk to cases, like the DMV.

I’ve used ARC 3 times in past year in different branches without any problem. Just write your information on back of receipt

I use ARC too at post office. Once I tried to use my NHI card, and they said I should use my ARC because they need to confirm my address.

I did it without an ARC. I think one time I used my passport, and another time the lady insisted on using my 統一證號. No proof of address. :idunno:

Have always used ARC in the post office, never had an issue. Note for 1000NT and higher there is a deduction from the prize amount of a few NT so don’t be surprised when you don’t get what you thought you would!

Also you can’t use your ARC number in 7-11 to spend your 200NT winnings, sometimes the staff will take pity though and use their own.

So probably it all boils down to how you look. People like me or @yyy don’t have any issues probably because we look pretty Taiwanese, while people like @ranlee get rejected because they don’t.

1 Like

Ive had experienced that as well. I just gave my receipt to the 7 11 counter guy and just said it was ok. However just recently they have been asking for the taiwan id number but im not taiwanese ( though could pass looking like one) and insisted. By the end, used my arc no. was still rejected.

I successfully exhanged my receipts at the bank already. Used my arc and got no problem at all. Thanks!

I know op already was successful but just to add a story, the post office always gave me the money with my arc but one time when I won $4000, the guy wanted a Local ID card. When i said I don’t have one he said bring a local friend with me.

Not wanting to bother my friend I asked why , found out he had to do tax forms and it was mafan for him to do it for a foreigner.
I said I don’t have any local friends and after some teeth sucking he did it, took about 20 minutes though lol

They deducted the full 20% which I will get partially back at tax time

Yeah, Ranlee Baratheon has such a laowai look.

Renly

Whereas Jesus is all things to all people…
https://nakedjesushistory.wordpress.com/2015/05/11/asian-images-of-jesus/

As for me, well, I just looked myself up and found this:
why%20why%20why

It seems a little ambiguous, but I guess that’s what I get for being a shapeshifter.

2 Likes

If I had a nickel for every time someone actually made that reference…

…you would still have fewer nickels than Jesus – and he lives a life of perpetual poverty! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: