How to complain about a bad ambassador

Yeah true but this Italian guy is/was probably hitting the ceiling as according to the records at MOFA he’s been here for like a decade. Or at least 7 years or something.

Well, there goes the reference letter he was going to write for your ambassadorial chauffeurship! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Most ministries, departments etc. have online contact forms that can be used for complaints. I’m not an expert on complaints, but I suspect that unless you have evidence that he was violating a dress code or something, you wouldn’t get anywhere that way.

Do you know any legislators? You could try petitioning for higher standards. :idunno:

All I’m saying is, I personally do not want this guy to represent the people of Taiwan. He isn’t invited back next year. And he’s kinda a dick and dresses like a Chinese tourist. We don’t have many diplomatic relations with other countries, let’s not send someone that’s pissing off everyone.

He complains to my gfs mother after. I told him to be more punctual and I took my own vacation time with my gf to drive him and he made me wait like I’m some driver. What kind of person complains that I was rude giving him a free ride, I was super busy and he made me have to rush and reschedul things. It’s fucking petty as fuck to complain about your hosts daughter and her bf to the host for being nice and giving him a ride.

2 Likes

Reminds me of when I first arrived in Taiwan at around 11:00pm, March 23, 2013.

Having been promised an “airport pickup,” I imagined a limousine whisking me off to luxurious accommodations.

All I got was a junior office girl from the company and her surly boyfriend driver whisking me off in a Honda Civic and dumping me off in an empty classroom with a bed in Yonghe City.

I’m sure as hell the boyfriend wasn’t being paid for the job. Maybe hoping for a bit of “guanxi” from his girlfriend later on.

You got it so bad man. Stop carrying the handbag.

Don’t be silly, I hardly need my gf to live well. Not sure why you think this lol. How stupid would I look asking to be paid for giving someone a ride? This was just a small event in a long 3 week vacation all over Italy.

While I was in Taiwan I often heard that foreigners like to drink: unlike Taiwanese…

Yeah that’s true but they said he was the kind that showed up drunk on events. That’s a tad over the top as they expected guests to be drunk at the party, not before it.

So he’s an alcoholic and should get treatment. Fairly common story.

The asshole was relieved of his post and was sent home suddenly. The word around is he was using the country’s money for personal usage. Regardless, everyone seems happy he’s gone. There’s a new ambassador coming here now. Hopefully he’s not also a douche.

Well, let’s hope, but if he is and you have a whole car ride with him where he can’t escape, why not tell him about local customs and expectations, dry cleaning and cologne?

Because I’m trying to navigate winding roads in a foreign country I’ve just arrived to myself. He’s the ambassador, he should probably learn how not to offend everyone there. It’s wasnt as much that he doesn’t know the customs as he didn’t sit well with his Taiwanese subordinates either. I remember He made his subordinates get the cheaper hotel right next to his while he stayed at the nicest 5 star hotel by himself.

Talking aboot the new guy, guy.

I know I sound like I’m being kinda petty about this. I was genuinely trying to be really nice and respectful to the original guy. I got there early, not to mention took my own vacation time to do it because he is the ambassador and one of the few of my country. Got him cold water to put in the car. Cleaned the car and made it nice and neat. And the guy not only comes late not once but 2 times after I explained to him after the first we needed to be on time because I’m extremely busy and have my own schedule. Completely fucking ignored it because he wanted to take tourist pictures I found out. Not even say thanks for the ride and complained that I wasn’t accomadating or whatever to him to my girls dad. Just a giant douche.

The new guy is arriving the day I fly off so I won’t formally meet him this year.

Don’t know what to tell ya. Break up with your girlfriend and you’ll never have to go through this trauma again! :idunno:

1 Like

He got what he deserved being relieved not even a full year into his post.

Sometimes our wishes do come true. Your instincts about the prior “ambassador” seem to have been confirmed. He was NOT a suitable representative for our country. Good luck with the new one!

I guess you could say he put the “ass” in ambASSador… :sunglasses:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7uW47jWLMiY

Translation: he was given early retirement, full pension plus 18%.

Congratulations, man! :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like