How to find a job in Taiwan?

Hey Guys,

I am Taiwanese and i want to help my girlfriend who is a foreigner find a job here. She wants to work in sales/Marketing and she can speak Chinese/English/Hebrew/Arabic. She also has experienced in sales.
We post resume on 104/Linkedin and head hunter website but we still don’t have anything yet…
I just wonder that how you guys find a job here? by what kinda way or how are we supposed to do it?

Please advise me. We are really eager to find something.
We will really appreciate your help.
Thank you very much.

Probably the best way is to get hired by an international firm and then transfer to Taiwan or apply directly to international firms in Taiwan.
Have you tried www.indeed.com or monster.com for job postings? Indeed.com does have a Taiwan site.

There are Facebook groups for jobs in Taiwan and Taipei…

If your gf does actually speak those languages and has experience in sales, I don’t think it should be too hard to find a job here (I’m not saying she’ll find a good one, but at least one that’ll get her a visa and pay the rent while she settles down). 104 is in my opinion the best place to look: don’t just put her CV there and wait, but actively go through the posts every day and apply to every offer that fits more or less. She obviously has an edge for MEA sales positions, but that doesn’t mean she can’t apply for other jobs targeting other regions. There are literally hundreds of job posts on 104 under “International Sales”, and that’s just by doing a search in English. Don’t sit there and wait - be proactive in your search!
If she is looking for a high-paying, high-benefit, career-building job, then that’s another story… Taiwan might not be the right place for her.

Also: you didn’t specify, but I assume she meets the requirements for getting hired in Taiwan (degree + 2 years experience), right? If not, maybe that’s why you’re not getting any calls, as companies wouldn’t be able to hire her legally…

sigh… it’s really difficult to look for a job in taiwan , unless you have special skills or managerial level… i’m a malaysian , degree holder with over 4 years working experience ( customer service field in MNC ) . I took a huge courage , quit my job, flew to taiwan and stayed for a full month, hitting 104 website every single day, threw tons of resume applications and tons of calls called back for an interview arrangement. but then i dont wanna waste our time, I told them I am looking for an employer who is going to assist me in getting a working permit in our phone conversation, they ALL turned me down , they are only looking for someone who already has working permit / ARC. HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO HAVE IT when in the first place no one going to offer me that… sigh.

Being a non native English speaker , teaching english is not an option for me.
I fall for taiwan since the 1st time i’ve travelled there. The people , the culture , the environment is what I dream of to be surrounded by. really really love this country and dying to be here… I don’t know what more I could do to make my dream comes true… :cry: :

Unless they said “open work permit” and “APRC”, they actually asked you to work illegally. Having a work permit for company A but really working for company B is punishable by deportation. Now who would tell them that kind of bandaid is all they need, and why? :rolling_eyes:

Anyway, good luck!