How to get Free "Official Business Address" to get free software or tips?

Hey guys, Shareware On Sale, Dowloads.com and others are now giving away software or technical tip cards to people with so called “business account” address only. Yahoo and Google definitely excluded.
I’ve abandoned my hinet mail long ago due to junk mail and I seldom access my mail with the computer. I only use that while working on projects.

What do they mean by official business address? Are there free providers that can be accessed through web interface?
By the way, many officialy registered businesses here use yahoo servers. Here is one sample site to work on. So far they are giving away WAN for Dummies and Microsoft Office Reference Cards. Do you know how much these thin books cost in the bookstore here? You know. http://sharewareonsale.tradepub.com/free/w_cusb59/prgm.cgi#top

I was able to download the Reference Cards by using a school (alumni) address attached to my LinkedIn account. After clicking the use LinkedIn to login button, I was presented with a partially-filled-in form. You could probably get away with using dummy address information - the email address seems to be the most important part.

1 Like

OK. I guess I was a victim of carelessness or the webpage was not clear.
I tried again to enter an e-mail. Instead of the usual notice of invalid business address with no explanation I got a registration page.
I registered and now my address is accepted.

It really would be more clear if they just have said, “we don’t have your email address on file, please register”. Thanks for your help.

1 Like