How to get rid of a huntsman spider

It is plate sized. If it had bitten me…I wouldn’t be here.

Oh, c’mon. Don’t be a drama queen. You just wouldn’t be able to sit down…for the rest of your life.

1 Like

Talking about that, I met a cousin of this one waiting for me behind the comode at my favorite restaurant just a couple of weeks ago. It made a trip down the porcelain throne to the Pacific Ocean.

Maybe you just need some incentive to act :whistle:

Uh-oh. Sounds like the one on your porch is here for revenge…

1 Like

Can’t, or can’t?

He should have taken off his shirt. Then I wouldn’t worry about anything else.

why not let it live?

In the washer? Even my highly toned tolerance for animal life has its limits. If it’s willing to move, perhaps with a bit of help, great, but if not…

that’s gone way over my head. You’ve written the same word twice and asked me to choose between them.

http://www.elitepestcontrol.net.au/tips/dangerous-spider-bites-pet/

I think one thing to be aware of if it is a female with eggs. That would open up a whole new moral argument! Do what your conscience will allow.

Sorry. There’s can’t, like no way I can’t, I won’t be able to sleep with that thing in my room, and can’t like it might bite you and infect you with a deadly virus can’t. Just curious.

The former…it would take real balls to sleep in a room with a spider that big cuddled up next to you. This is the guy I was dealing with. Took me three days to finish him off. P1030368

I also draw the line with them staying in the bedroom.

For the washing machine, can’t you just start the water in it? I’m assuming that would drive it out? We’ve had luck with brooms and so forth in the past.

I’ve heard they’re not poisonous, so I think it’s just the creepiness factor. And they really do eat cockroaches. We used to live on Yangmingshan and we’d find legs around from after the spider got to them.

2 Likes

I’ve used a laundry hanging stick and a big old pot to compel them to leave once or twice. Once one made the tactical error of hiding behind the flat side of moveable shelving. I might have given him another day but my better half was like can’t, as in hell no no fucking way can’t so he got squashed

Just let it sit where it is, they catch roaches.

Well, guys, I had to do the laundry, so I hosed down the whole balcony, threw the clothes in the washing machine a la Jeremy Lin and used the laundry hanging stick -what a versatile instrument!- to close the lid and activate the thing.

When it was done, I slapped all surrounding surfaces with a broom, made as much noise as possible while hanging the stuff and kept a paranoid eye everywhere in the meantime.

So far, Bertha the huntsman spider is MIA.

BTW, I finally found out why there are so many bugs. First floor next door has a jungle growing in the back, with a fragrant tree whose leaves touch my bedroom door. No wonder the AC broke down. There must be one of Bertha’s relative’s stuck there.

Today, a cousin of the laundry spider was waiting for me at the door. I stood there for like 20 minutes wondering what to do, as I was afraid the thing might enter the house in my absence. Friggin door has cracks big enough to drive a six wheeler through.

If it is in teh house when I leave work I am moving. Anyone knows of a nice place with a view but no bugs?

1 Like

So the huntsman spider started squatting in your place and now he’s also inviting some of his trashy friends? What a douche…

I think that one was washed away. this one just heard there is a cat lady in the house that gives nice treats to pets and strays so… or maybe there is a roach population I haven’t seen lurking somewhere. The source of the midnight roach on my pillow gifts from my cats.