How to get to Taipei City Mall from Taoyuan?

Taoyuan, around Taimall/J-mart area. Thank you!

1 Like

Maybe someone can help with getting to Taoyuan train station, but once you get to Taipei Main Station, two large entrances at the NE and NW corner of the B1 level lead directly to the mall. There’s signage.

One option would be to go to the Taoyuan airport and then take the Guo Guang bus from the airport to Taipei Main Station.

According to google maps, there’s a bus stop near Tai Mall at GPS location 25.051788, 121.287636. It looks like bus 1961 goes to Taipei West Bus Station Terminal A, which is adjacent to Taipei Main Station (and the mall).
See : taiwanbus.tw/information.asp … &Line=3471
It looks like that bus has two routes (one with more stops I presume). Timetable is here : web.taiwanbus.tw/eBUS/subsystem/ … anguage=en

EDIt : Since this comes from the airport, it might be a bit more crowded. It’s not the same bus as the Guo Guang I suggested above. I’ve never taken it, so I don’t know.

take 952 at Taimall, it will take you to Banqiao station, where you can then take the Blue line to Taipei City Hall. It’s not the quickest, but might be the easiest to explain.

oh, or take 1961 to Taipei Train station, then take the Blue line to Taipei City Hall.

[quote=“hansioux”]take 952 at Taimall, it will take you to Banqiao station, where you can then take the Blue line to Taipei City Hall. It’s not the quickest, but might be the easiest to explain.

oh, or take 1961 to Taipei Train station, then take the Blue line to Taipei City Hall.[/quote]

Maybe OP needs to make his point clear, we are talking about two different things:

Taipei City Mall is where you buy plane and car models, anime and manga models and magazines, electronic games, cheap Chinese trinkets and Indonesian foodstuffs.

Taipei City Hall is Uniqclo, W Hotel, Belavita and a stone’s throw away Trinity Indian food store.

I didn’t know there’s a thing called Taipei City Mall…

Yep, the underground mall north of Taipei Station.

In that case 1961 takes you pretty much right to it. As for 952, take the Blue line at Bianqiao and get off at Taipei Train Station.

The biggest problem is not how to get to Taipei Main Station but finding the right entrance to Taipei City Mall -there are 3 malls under Taipei Main -the Eslite ones, the one in front of Mitsukoshi- and Taipei City Mall, which is the oldest. BTW, there is another entrance to the Taipei City Mall from Q-Square (the Taipei Bus Station) which might be easier to get to -by the food courth on B1 I think, right next to Texas Rangers Chicken.