How to make acquaintance with a taiwanese guy?

[quote=“Infinity”][quote=“sjhuz01”]

Ya ne govru po Russki, S dniom roždenija, Gde tualet? :howyoudoin:[/quote]

Haha, nice :bravo:
Anything else? :wink:[/quote]

Dobry den! Een pivo! Nastrovya!
Somethingsomething…drasivaya

Udači w/your tea…aka Jia You!

Do you really speak Russian?

I’d like to date a hot, smart Russian girl.

Recently I read Vladimir Nabokov’s The Gift and there were just too many alusions and references to 19th century Russian authors and political events for this dumb cracker boy to get. I need some help with my Nabokov, at least the literature he wrote originally in Russian.

There, that’s as close to a “language exchange” proposition as I get.

But first, as a Russian gal, you have to not only understand what my “cracker” reference actually means, but which specific state it refers to (I ain’t no cracker, I’m an Arkie).

No cheating (Google/Wikipedia).

(Actually, honestly, most of what I’ve read of Nabokov is a headache, and not in a good way. Chekhov is still my favorite Russian, and I ain’t talking about the dude from Star Trek)

Also, you have to read Faulkner like a native.

Which, if you aren’t drunk and from Mississippi, you never will.

(Anyone who’s ever read Faulkner will understand the “that shit had to be written when that old man was blitzed out of his gourd” comment exactly)

Sounds very romantic, it is near NTNU?

Nyet. That’s about the extent of it really … except for the first few lessons of Rosetta Stone - “miatch” “sloan” “muschina” “zhenshina” … “mushina with miatch on top of sloan”…

Gotta finish working on Chinese first :slight_smile:

and who said a young hot white chick wont attract a lot of attention??

Yeah I agree, there is a somewhat sexist (or at least macho) tone here sometimes :frowning:

Well, my best idea would be that you ask him things about the other tea merchant. He will most probably mention it to him somehow - at least if he’s not utterly jealous. And he might tell you if that guy is already married ^^ Well, maybe even tell him what you think about the guy… that he’s cute, you like his looks, you would like to get to know him.

Anyway, like this it could be much easier to get “your” tea merchant to know that you like him :slight_smile: Easier than telling him directly at least - with language barrier, shyness, fear of rejection, …

PS: Yeah I know why someone mentioned this post sounds a bit fake… but still, trying to be helpful can’t hurt :slight_smile:

To Infinity:
Privet, dorogaya!

Kak govoritsia, ho4eschj pohudetj - sprosi menia,kak.
I za4em tebe on sdalsia, etot prodavec 4aja? Lu4she poznakomjsia s kem-nibudj is univera, iz magistratury. A voobwe-to delatj s nimi ne4ego… krome kitajskogo…

Sorry, guys… Just a few words for my little sister from Russia :wink:

I totally agree with you. some men and women think that physical attraction is everything. in reality is not. I actually get in love with minds, meaning if there is someone smart, kind, educated, and knows how to treat women, I don’t have a problem if there is no physical attraction because that comes and goes. However, their mind, heart, morals, values and manners will not go away, for me that is what really matters… Unfortunately, I normally have crushes with the wrong person because that person(s) does not reciprocate. so I am still waiting for the right Taiwanese guy.