I Dumped a TW Woman after We Dated for 3 Weeks and She Cried

What gets me is so many guys here, in real life and on Forumosa, brag about turning into “Charisma Man” and gaining the magic ability to pick up skanky ho’s in bars. Like you couldn’t do the same thing at home…it’s nothing to brag about.

The reality is that some of them couldn’t do it at home :stuck_out_tongue:

Traunt, some of these dudes hadn’t even laid eyes on an asian female before AND behold! They’re popular with the ladies!!!

I bet it must have been so exciting for some of you…completely overwelming.

I don’t often agree with mod lang, but in this instance he is 150% correct.

And as Irishstu said - yep, “future husband”.

Don’t just do yourself a favour, do the nice girls a favour too.

The nice girls you meet here are some of the most sincere and wonderful girls you’ll ever meet anywhere, and it breaks my heart when I hear the stories some of my local female friends here tell me. Some of them get treated so badly that they get totally put off by foreign men, and sometimes even relationships in general. Their hearts may be open and sincere, but they’re also very fragile…

If you meet a girl here (not a bar girl, that is…) and you go on a few dates, make sure what you want first. In the beginning always make it clear you are just (even if only currently) friends and getting to know each other. If you decide you have no interest in taking the relationship further than friendship, then communicate that clearly.
And with the nice girls, only initiate physical contact (even something as simple as public hand holding) if you’re serious about a long term relationship.

Otherwise, reap the whirlwind at your leisure, and if she cries in a public area (causing you much embarrassment) or comes after you with a pick ax, you’ll get no sympathy from me.

I hope that you guys who are talking about the “good/nice girls” aren’t implying that you’re ONLY good if you’re a virgin." Cause then I’d have to go medieval on your asses for being hypocritic little wiener shits that you are (just talking to those who think that “pure” girls are the only “good” girls out there). If you were of that ilk, I’d have to say something like what fucking century ARE you living in? Because we no longer live in the “Scarlet Letter” era of the Pilgrims (an allusion that Americans should know, Europeans, Aussies, Kiwis and S. Africans, sorry).

I have known TW girls who hung out with foreigners, had sex with them, go to bars - they were decent human beings with dreams and desires just like the next human being. I resent the references to all TW girls who go to bars as “hos” or “skanks” and the like. You guys sound like real pricks when you refer to TW girls with such a broad stroke. Excuse me, I mean the “bad” TW girls.

One other point and I’ll climb off the soap box for the day. What makes you think the girls need you guys to get all protective for them? Look out for their feelings? Take care of them? That they’re fragile (man, what an ego) They’re big girls, and they can and will look out for themselves. Rest assured, said TW girl from the OP’s post will learn a lesson for future use - if she didn’t learn now she’d have learned it later or risked being a prepubescent waif for the rest of her life. I think the Golden Rule or Law of Karma is all one needs to use here - do what you would like done to you if in a similar situation and things will be fine.

Grrrrls Rock!
Bodo

Well said, That Man.

I can’t be the only one here who doesn’t understand what guys mean by ‘we went on x dates and now she thinks I’m her boyfriend, WHAT THE HELL?!’

Maybe I was just brought up with old-fashioned values, but if I like a girl, go out with her a few times and make physical contact I feel like I’ve already made some kind of commitment. Seems pretty easy to me… if you’re not sure, don’t kiss or hold hands with her.

PS: I love this definition of ‘girlfriend’ -

2. a girl or young woman with whom a man is romantically
involved; as, his girlfriend kicked him out. [WordNet
sense 2]

[quote=“bismarck”]Don’t just do yourself a favour, do the nice girls a favour too.

The nice girls you meet here are some of the most sincere and wonderful girls you’ll ever meet anywhere, and it breaks my heart when I hear the stories some of my local female friends here tell me. Some of them get treated so badly that they get totally put off by foreign men, and sometimes even relationships in general. Their hearts may be open and sincere, but they’re also very fragile…[/quote]

Well, I am drunk so I will ask the questions I am really thinking cause I think this is one of the craziest threads I have ever read…

1. telling someone you have never had sex with that you don’t want to see them by email is bad? Me, I would just stop answering their phone calls.
  2. Who talks about relationships before going out about 10 times or at least two months? Answer: desparate people who give too much attention to the mating instinct.
  3. Apparently men are superior to women if they can take advantage of women by lying.
  4. Are women diminished by having sex?
  5. Is it just me or are most Taiwanese women a lot more hip to their interests than some Eurotrash dipwad or country-ass North American?
  6. Am I crazy or is it not surprising that young guys from anywhere want to get laid and party? Why is this such a horrible thing? I think there is some passive agressive jealousy angle here. No one gets angry when middle-aged women go through menopause.
    I got a lot more, but I have lost interst due to the drunkeness factor. Nightie.

[quote=“Bodo”]I hope that you guys who are talking about the “good/nice girls” aren’t implying that you’re ONLY good if you’re a virgin." Cause then I’d have to go medieval on your asses for being hypocritic little wiener shits that you are (just talking to those who think that “pure” girls are the only “good” girls out there). If you were of that ilk, I’d have to say something like what f***ing century ARE you living in? Because we no longer live in the “Scarlet Letter” era of the Pilgrims (an allusion that Americans should know, Europeans and Africans, sorry).

I have known TW girls who hung out with foreigners, had sex with them, go to bars - they were decent human beings with dreams and desires just like the next human being. I resent the references to all TW girls who go to bars as “hos” or “skanks” and the like. You guys sound like real pricks when you refer to TW girls with such a broad stroke. Excuse me, I mean the “bad” TW girls.[/quote]

You make some good points here Bodo.

I’m not going to go back and re-read the whole thread, but I seriously doubt that ANYONE was equating “good” with virginity. At least I hope not.

Both Modlang, and I, I believe, were speaking very generally - for the benefit of the OP - when we talked about there being two kinds of women you’ll meet in Taiwan. Of course generalizations are very imprecise, and you are quite right to point out that there is absolutely nothing wrong with a girl sowing her sexual oats, or playing the field. You are also very right to remind us that many guys from overseas meet women first in a casual sex context, and end up having meaningful relationships with them. Many of these situations have ended up in healthy marriages.

I cetainly didn’t mean to imply that ALL girls who hang out at night, and hook-up with guys are “skanks” or “ho’s”. I agree that that would be absurdly hypocritical. Having said that, I think there really is a hardcore subset of club girl that are constantly on the hunt for foreign meat - and hey, if that’s your thing, so be it. Sleazy western guys seem well matched to this kind of girl - between consenting adults, it’s all good.

I still think that young western guys who show up in Taiwan with the “sworn to fun, loyal to none” attitude that has served them well back home, or on the road, can be a disaster for the more naieve type of local girl. And I think we all have seen western guys who have gone way into the deep-end in Asia, and have developed collossal sexual arrogance, which in its wurst manifestation leads to very ugly, even crimminal predatory behavior. These are the kind of arseholes who give all of us a bad rap. (Unfortunately I could easily write a few thousand words worth of anecdotes on this subject… about the Aussie self-described “sport-fucker” who screwed anything that could walk in Japan, then came to Taiwan to let the field lay fallow, and set about to do the same in Taiwan - let’s just say he wouldn’t take “no” for an answer, or the two married Dad’s with children, who I would see EVERY night I was out on the town, after hours, in some sleazy meat market like Spin, openly trying to commit adulty with any girl with a pulse… pathetic cases really)

Chainsmoker, “Party and get-laid” is that what it’s all about? When you are in your 20’s… yeah, perhaps. With responsibility and some fundamental decency.

Defensive much? No, I wasn’t saying anything ridiculous like only virgins are good girls. We all know the type of women I’m talking about, and it wasn’t Taiwan girls who go to clubs and hang out/have sex with foreigners. It’s Taiwan girls (any girls in the world actually) who go to clubs almost every night and pick up a different guy to fuck almost every night. Skanks and ho’s is appropriate terminology for these type of cases. We all know that if you go to a club in Taiwan (or plenty of other places in the world) you’re going to find plenty of those types of girls.

And it would only be hypocritical if I were acting like a man-ho meself. I’m not the one with a list of phone numbers scratched on the wall behind my pillow.

Anyway, the original point was that it’s very important, in Taiwan, to not get normal Taiwanese girls confused with the type of bar girls foreigners often meet. This is not North America or Europe, where women are sexually liberated by society. This is Taiwan and there really is a big difference between good/bad girls in society’s eyes. “Nice” Taiwanese girls can’t just fuck around the way “nice” girls can back home, it’s just not as acceptable. It’s still a conservative society.

So like maybe their feelings are as important as anyone else’s and you should try to avoid getting involved with people like that? Yes I guess everyone has to grow up and learn about the realities of human relationships and not the fairy tale propaganda pumped out at us from movies, songs, ads etc. but at least let’s try to avoid being totally stony hearted about it and let them down as softly as possible. Anyway chainsmoker, you may be realistic about human relationships now but you never know, one day you may find the person of your dreams, the one you want to spend the rest of your life with (Damn, those fairy tales are hard to get out of my system!) and … they don’t wanna know. Then you’ll find out how emotionally naive we all can be when we least expect it.

Some people open their hearts way earlier than others, mismatch of expectation is what I would call, and of course cultural clash as well.

They can, but they can’t do it openly and they can’t admit it. Sometimes I think that what they say they do and what they really do are 2 entirely different things. That is a speaking to generally, but, for the most part it is probably true. ???

They can, but they can’t do it openly and they can’t admit it. Sometimes I think that what they say they do and what they really do are 2 entirely different things. That is a speaking to generally, but, for the most part it is probably true. ???[/quote]

Yup, yep, yessir, this is very true. They put on the cute, demure virgin act but inside they’re as horny as any other women. They just pretend not to be. It’s kind of sad. People in Taiwan are raised to not show their true feelings.

I prefer to call them a good time meself, but each to their own.

Incredible moral undercurrent in all of this wouldn’t you think Mod lang?
Where’s that come from, I’m curious.

HG

I don’t know, I think I just snapped. Having a bad day. Really, if you hang around the foreigner scene in Taiwan for any period of time, there comes the point after seeing the umpteenth sleazy situation where you just snap and recoil in disgust.

Thought it was out ocf character Mod lang, time for hols? Tme to pop over here and we can head out and get a few beers in Wanchai . . . (yeek!!)

:laughing: :laughing:

Cheers.

HG

There’s nothing sleazy to see or recoil from if you hang out with the Hiking Club. :wink:

:bravo: well siad Sir, well said :bravo:

:bravo: well siad Sir, well said :bravo:[/quote]

Is it okay if the relationship is just for a Taiwanese guy to get his freak on? Or are we now saying that only foreign guys are sleazy?

I would expect that most late teen early twenty something males the world over are very much in this mold…

Just asking… :wink: