I need help with my lawn

My wife and I just bought a house that actually has a real back yard…with dirt, no less. There used to be grass once upon a time, but the place has sat empty for the last 10 years, and now the yard is nothing but weeds and patches of barren earth. Time to get that lawn going! Anyone have any advice? Should I lay sod or use seed? Good varieties available in Taiwan? And most importantly, where can I pick this stuff up? I’m in Kaohsiung, by the way. Thanks!

I put in a lawn for about 30-40 ping a few years back. We bought it. Went to the flower market and just bought the grass. The guy showed up, laid it all down, watered it and told me to water it a lot for the first few weeks, and badaboom. Before you knew it, green grass that never had to be cut. :slight_smile:

cost about 12k…and worth every nt.

Beware though, dogs will dig BIG holes in it. And idiotic neighbors will think they can practice their chipshots on it if you don’t tell them not to.

jdsod

Thanks, I was thinking of doing the same, just wasn’t sure if the flower places had sod worth using. I’ll check it out.

I was a bit worried about the grass taking root as we were putting it over VERY sandy earth, but it did.

Just ask around and have an idea of how many ping you want to cover so they can quote you a good price.

Hope you can post some before during and after pics. :slight_smile: