I need new eyeglasses

I’ve had a pair of eyeglasses that has been with me for almost 6 under all weather conditions, and they’re starting to fall apart.

I’d like to buy a pair of eyeglasses with the clip-on dark lenses. I’ve had the transition ones, they work great for a while but they lose effectiveness over time, so I’d prefer to stick to a eyeglasses/sunglasses clip on combo.

Does anyone know a good store in Taipei? One with online catalogue would be great, so I can check some designs first.

Do they even make those anymore?

well i hope so!

First off, I don’t live in Taipei.

However, most online discussions tend to be Taipei oriented, and I hear two places mentioned a lot.

One is called Window Soul, near the Train station.

The other is eyeholic, in Shilin.
http://eyeholic.com.tw/

Neither has online stores, and both require an appointment made in advance before you can go in and get your glasses.

I have personally been to Window Soul, and if memory serves they said they have the clip on option for certain frames.

The thing is… they are pretty expensive. They do spend a ridiculous amount of time measuring your eye sight, so… I guess it’s the service charge.

Online shops are available for some chain stores.

University Vision
https://www.eyemall.com.tw/

Baodao (Treasure island)

I got me some sunglasses that have a groove so that they go over your own glasses, embreacing them. They are designed so it goes not look or feel like you are wearing two pairs. Made in Taiwan, available at sports stores. Awesome for going out, the beach, mountains, open spaces with lots of sunlight on your face. 700 ntd.

Not a fan of Transitions, either.

That’s a lot of great info, thanks!

When you mention they’re expensive, what kind of prices are we talking about? Most things in Taipei are expensive by my standards, and if something is considered expensive by many people I might get scared by the possible cost >_>

Do you have a pic of that ?_?

They just look like normal glasses, but fit on your own ones.

I saw some stores recently that use a magnet to attach the sunglass to regular prescription glasses. You can’t even notice it’s a separate piece. Traditional and trendy styles. Really nice.

One is at cityhall on second floor next to TGIF and another downstairs of Q Square.

Eyesmart has what I’m looking for, and they have a store in the center of Yilan city, yay!
I need to change the whole set of eyeglasses because the lenses are completely ruined, and they have a few models available.

Thanks for teh help,hopefully the lenses will not cost 6 gorillion NT !

1 Like

What’s the brand name?

ANU. Logo is an stilized A.

They have UV protection and are polarized, really comfy. They have several models to fit different size of glasses. Come with the funky box you saw on the pic.

1 Like

Anyone have insight on progressive glasses. I wear glasses for reading but my eye sight now is such that I really need them on most of the time so I can see what I’m eating etc.

Yeah, they’re well worth the plunge. I’m pretty nearsighted so always had them on, but was finding reading difficult with them. The first day I was “like WTF” because you can’t really look at stuff just by moving your eyes, your head has to move. Sounds weird but I had adjusted without trying by the next day, seems totally natural now.

Got mine here, these guys are on the ball in general. Can’t vouch for their English

2 Likes

Do you have an address for the store you bought those at? I can’t seem to find them online.

URANUS

Do not laugh. It is a reputable sports and hiking store.

Or go to Tapinglin. Next to the station my favorite store also has them.

1 Like

No particularly useful insight. I needed progressive lenses but the last time I bought glasses I couldn’t deal with the 9000NT$ per lense fee. I opted to just deal with the constant putting on and taking off of glasses. I regret it now as it turned out to be a huge PITA.

Cool, just down the road from my office. Ball park price on those?

“Do you have an address?”

“URANUS”

absolutely savage, well done

Geez, don’t really remember. 10k? Decent but ordinary frames.