If I have Taiwan Area Resident Permit, do I need the work permit to work in Taiwan?

Hello friends

I have a question, but before, let me explain my situation.
I was born in overseas, but both of my parents are taiwanese citizens, as consequence, I have the ROC nationality (including passport), but I don’t have the household registration (and neither ID card).
I hold the ROC nationality, then I can apply for the Taiwan Area Resident Certificate, right? If apply for the TARC, do I need to get the work permit to work in Taiwan?
I read in some topics here (and in others websites), that If I have TARC, I wouldn’t need the work permit.
But I read also in others website, even I’m ROC national, I do need to apply for the work permit as foreign

If I apply for the work permit as foreign, I would need 2 years of experience, and at least master degree.

Anyone here is overseas taiwanese? or have or had a TARC?

Poster Bismarck who I knpw personally has a TARC and works leaglly. My husband also had one many years ago.

Bismarck about to change his TARC for ID Card but yes its legal to work on or do anything else on.

PS a note below from a banned forumosan

TARC holders with only ROC nationality have open work rights, TARC holders who are dual citizens do not have work rights and need a work permit.

Aboriginal Girl

I hold two nationality (ROC and Argentinian) but I hold one citizenship only (Argentinian).
in others words, I hold Argentinian nationality and citizenship, but I hold ROC nationality only (without ROC citizenship)
Technically I have open work rights or not?

Anybody else can help me?

[quote=“canindragon”]Aboriginal Girl I hold two nationality (ROC and Argentinian) but I hold one citizenship only (Argentinian).
in others words, I hold Argentinian nationality and citizenship, but I hold ROC nationality only (without ROC citizenship) Technically I have open work rights or not?
Anybody else can help me?[/quote]

TARC holders with only ROC nationality have open work rights, TARC holders who are dual citizens do not have work rights and need a work permit.

Since you have other nationality/ citizenship you need a work permit with your TARC.

My husband and bismarck and others we know cancel their other nationality before so they only have ROC Natonality and do not need work permit.

Thanks Aboriginal Girl

=/