If the global order were to collapse

…how would the average free citizen in the Western world tell the difference?

Never mind abstractions such as the economy (as defined by government statistics) or the stock market indices or international law. Talk about concrete, daily life stuff.

(Yes, I know stock valuations are very concrete for investors who trade actively… that is, for gamblers. I’m talking about the average Joe.)

What do you mean “if”? It is already collapsing. For many, it has been for decades. That’s why there’s been a groundswell of the people left behind for things like Brexit.

How would it affect them? The bien pensant class might stop ramming their suicidal, self-loathing, subjective values down everyone else’s throats and leave them be. That would be a good start.

Gold and farmland are looking like pretty good longterm bets this morning.

Forget the gold- canned/freeze-dried goods and ammo.

Though I see George Soros made a nice bundle
marketwatch.com/story/soros- … 2016-06-24

but then, nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence etc. etc.

[quote=“rowland”]…how would the average free citizen in the Western world tell the difference?

Never mind abstractions such as the economy (as defined by government statistics) or the stock market indices or international law. Talk about concrete, daily life stuff.
[/quote]

You mean aside from the absence of electricity, gasoline, any food product not locally produced, smartphones (the horror!) and so on?

If you were to drop neutron bombs on Wall Street and the City it would probably help the global economy, but in your intent to wipe out the scum of the earth you’d be killing a lot of innocent high-price hookers and coke-dealers.

Forget the gold . . . [/quote]

Not possible. I’m calling my new small tractor – courtesy of the Brexit runup – “Bractor” as a daily reminder of the benefits of ignoring the prevailing wisdom.

[quote=“MikeN”][quote=“rowland”]…how would the average free citizen in the Western world tell the difference?

[/quote]

You mean aside from the absence of electricity, gasoline, any food product not locally produced, smartphones (the horror!) and so on?[/quote]

Don’t leave out the hordes of brain-eating zombies.

Oh wait. Those are the ones in charge now.

Let’s see if anyone notices the difference.

Mother should I run for president?
Mother should I trust the government?
Mother will they put me in the firing line?

They’re gonna miss Team America, if they haven’t already. No more complaints of arrogant US interference in other parts of the world now. The ugly American is taking his ball and going home.

Speaking of worlds collapsing:

The Onion were supposedly full in for Hillary. They must be taking it hard. But it’s their job to try to crack jokes - at someone’s expense.

1 Like

Because the old world order just wasn’t cutting it.

They overslept.

They want to be responsible leaders now? That ship has sailed.

1 Like

Evicting the swindler and his swindle ideology…

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-10/trump-s-win-prompts-hungarian-call-for-crackdown-on-soros-groups

1 Like

Soros projecting like nobody’s business:

Never mind the Deep State. I give you the Derp State.