If you see me talking to myself, I'm not crazy

If you see a foreigner walking around Taipei talking to himself, it might be me, and I’m not crazy. I’m just so focused on learning and books and talking that I seem to catch myself mumbling Chinese words when I look around at the signs and buildings.

2 Likes

Hmm, I would advise you to notice your ego. It does not serve you. You become a prisoner of it very quick if you keep feeding it by writing such posts. Work on removing it from the equation and you will be free in your learning of the language, and other things. In kind, I will also work on mine for I should not have written this message to begin with.

To alleviate your immediate suffering and stroke my own ego in the process:

1. No, you are indeed not alone. Due to the nature of the language, practicing pronouncing words is necessary. The more the better. The whole country is a practice ground for learning characters and words.
  2. You are crazy, we all are. We just don’t want to admit it.
  3. Be comfortable with yourself to not mind what people think of you. It’s okey to make mistakes. It’s okey to not be like everyone else. It’s okey to be bad at something as there are plenty of things you are good at.

Do not focus on the negativity of some people. Do not create negativity. Stop seeking love externally, there is no happiness there. Work on getting to love yourself again. We are rooting for your success :balloon:

Now you went and busted my bubble of living in my own little world…

Your are indeed a brilliant mind, also, as you stated, crazy.

I’m almost at peace now.

Advocating self-love on a public forum…now that’s a gutsy move!

Are you suggesting the OP is talking dirty to himself? :slight_smile:

Good topic

I caught a decrepit old man yesterday screaming at his dog in Chinese while looking straight into my eyes. Was that you?

No, just wanking off in public

Or just pretentious

Naw, too humble to be pretentious.

Rocket took the words right out of my hairy palms. :sunglasses: