Inclusion in film & tv casting

Then you have to believe he deliberately said it that way, for what reason? He could have just said “it was a great choice and I’m totally behind it” or whatever instead of implying that he was directly involved. I think I saw a podcast link at the bottom of that page–I’ll probably listen later for laughs.

I don’t see a problem in the picture.
In a globalized world in this day and age, the above statement applies to every country in this world.
If people are well-behaved, I don’t see why anyone is legit to talk against anyone else because of his/her religion, race, origin, etc.

Well, he hated Kubrick’s ‘The Shining’ and wasn’t shy about expressing that.

(Then again maybe he was just miffed because deep down he knew Kubrick did a better job than he did)

That damn show overstayed its welcome.

Hey, weren’t there different castings in this? Why no outrage over this show?

Head north, laddie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYSkICOTxFU

(I got a cookie for the first sad bastard who can name the guest guitarist)

Is that James Hetfield?

No cookie for you!!!

Steve Jones?

Huzzah!!!

Thus spake Wikipedia:

“Dean George Cain (né Tanaka; July 31, 1966) is an American actor, producer, writer, director, and television show host. He is known for his role as Superman in the TV series Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman…”

And then there was the time that Superman used Kryptonian technology to turn Lois black:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Superman's_Girlfriend,_Lois_Lane_Vol_1_106

Or the parallel-earth Superman who looks suspiciously like Obama:

Meanwhile, the supporting character Jimmy Olsen originated as a kind of Scandanavian-themed blackface. (Because Swedes make good comic relief, much like the Irish.)

As noted previously

Anyways, as was also previously stated, the dude is half Nipponeser, not half space alien.

Guys, a lot of consideration goes into business decisions! I don’t follow Hollywood gossip much, but it’s not hard to imagine they cared about other things than how much money an individual film might make.

Also, would you really trust Mr. King to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth when he’s not even under oath? :ponder:

As for whitewashing, blackwashing and so on, it’s not like this is anything new. I bet none of us can even name a single Hamlet that was played by a real Dane!

Sorry for the picture quality. Cast in order of appearance:

Paapa Essiedu
Tim Minchin
Benedict Cumberbatch
Dame Harriet Walter
David Tennant
Rory Kinnear
Sir Ian McKellen
Dame Judi Dench
And the last one looks familiar, but I can’t quite place him. (Definitely not Danish though…)

About that character who appears in multiple works, the article doesn’t mention the hotel book at all. Where was he in it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Eont_yEGZs

1 Like

I wish I knew even part of what you’re talking about sir, but I’m drawing el blanco

Peter.

Uhhh, OK, but “hotel book”?

The one that got not just whitewashed but Scot-washed when the Simpsons went there…