Income issues for APRC applicants

Nope. I did not get that at all.

Please forget about how much you really make. It becomes the focus ofvthe discussion and it is confusing. Furthermore, it hurts your case rather than helping. As I said, it makes you look bad at NIA. AND it made me think you only presented that because you insisted more on thus point. Desist.

The issue is that you were not given clear instructions at NIA on how to apply and comply. That is the key to all this problem. They insist you somehow did something wrong. We cannot see where that is. You say another lady told you to do it that way. What if certainly she could have been mistaken? There is for certain a breakdown in communication. Something is amiss if you comply in time and means and the ugly lady felt she had a case to push the papers back in your face.

If she was being obstinate for whatever reasons, reapply with someone else and Bob `s your uncle. If she is there, flee. If you reapply and get rejected properly with a letter and all, then we have a problem. But one that can be solved. So do not give up.

1 Like

It is useless to keep guessing if we really do not know. Unless there is something written or OP`s wife tells us what she was yold, we only have theories.

A helpful civil servant would not have just rejected the papers, but point out exactly where was the problem. Unless he is a mass murderer and wanted terrorist, there is no obvious reason to deny his application ad portas.

I strongly agree. @JB_IN_TW, your wife’s uncle could do a big help. If possible, your wife or her parents should ask him to help your case. They must know how they should ask him.

And if your application is rejected, you have a right to ask the reason, or at least request an official rejection letter. And knowing the reason is really important.

I’ve though documents that prove a family member having enough assets or income to support the applicant is enough, and it doesn’t need to be joint account, joint filing, or something like that. Is this wrong?

The foreign spouse of a ROC national is not required to document an income at least twice the minimum income (i.e. 47,XXX NT$). The NIA even states that very clearly on their website:

Refer to 六(一) and 六(二)of the Chinese version or article V, sub-paragraph 3, no. 1 and 2 of the English version to understand the differing requirements for ROC-spouses and other cases (i.e. foreigners staying in Taiwan as English teachers not married to a local).

Chinese:
https://www.immigration.gov.tw/ct_cert.asp?xItem=1089269&ctNode=32598&mp=1

English:
https://www.immigration.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1090288&ctNode=30085&mp=21

While there is still a requirement for spouses of ROC nationals to prove income, the minimum income require for all other cases is not mentioned. All that is required is a living wage, which could basically be anything equal to or above the general minimum income in Taiwan.

The only way to deal with government is to know the regulation before applying, actually apply (do not let anyone tell you not to submit the application), and then appeal in case of a rejection. Rejections can be appealed to the higher level within the agency or at administrative court. Some clerk’s oral statement on the other hand cannot be relied on, cannot be trusted, and cannot be appealed.

1 Like

yes, I think that is why many posters guessed OP didn’t apply as a spouse of a ROC national. And actually, I’m not sure if OP has made this point clear yet. He mentioned the household registration, so maybe he did, though.

People are giving good advice. I know it’s like you’re banging your head on the wall. Still, I would go back another 2-3 times with a new document or two and ask more questions. Go with your wife sometimes, since she can speak in Chinese. And go by yourself a time a two and hope they produce someone who speaks English. Talk to the uncle, because a connection can help. There must also be lawyers who help people navigate this process and it might be worth it for a one time visit. It is maddening.

In my experience, that’s not quite 100% true.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. :slight_smile:

Guys I have had two friends in recent months -one this morning- who was told that they need 5 million NTD to get the APRC, both married to Taiwanese man with no real estate or anything that qualifies as 5 mill of their own. Help?

This is very interesting, as both Taiwanese men are working for the family enterprise and hence have nothing under their names, not even taxes.

Therefore, if the mother in law owns two houses, can my friends use that as proof of income for their APRC? I know at least one of them lives in one of those houses.

I think it is supposed to be so. Maybe with the in-law’s statement that the family will take care of the son and his spouse=your friend.

Muchas gracias. My pals invested a lot of time and money in teh documentation from abroad and this came as a surprise, so I hope your info helps them. Opens a new possibility.