International Summer Sleep Away Camps in Taiwan

Hello

I was wondering if there are any sleep away summer camps in Taipei that are geared toward international students who want to learn Mandarin. I am looking for a 1 or 2 week sleep away camp for kids ages 7 and up (for next summer). My kids (7 and 10) can understand and speak Mandarin so I would like a camp where the counselors speak and teach Mandarin but also have English staff available if needed. I saw “Camp Taiwan” and do not believe this is for us so would appreciate any other suggestions. I am visiting Taiwan in August 2017 and would like to do some research while I am there to see what my options are for next year. Thank you.

Ginny

Not exactly the answer to what you are asking, but you might get some info, if you’ve not read yet.

btw, why do you think so? It seems their a-week-long mandarin camp is one of the closest to your request, though their period did not suit your schedule.

Thanks for the link although I’ve already read it. I think Camp Taiwan is the opposite of what I am looking for unless I am wrong. From what I read, it seems that this is a camp for Taiwanese kids to learn English with the primary language spoken is English.

I was hoping for some sort of short term immersion summer camp where I can leave my kids there for 2 weeks (max) and hopefully they can improve in their language skills. Having staff/ counselors speak English will sort of defeat the purpose.

Am I being too hopeful?

you may already know, but they also have a mandarin camp for international kids every year. It was in June and will be Nov/Dec this year, though.

international kids with Mandarin speaking staff. OR Mandarin speaking kids with English speaking staff.
I think the latter could be a better emvironment to improve Mandarin.

The camp should be for international kids? You don’t consider camps for locals without English native staff?

Thanks for sending me the link. I didn’t see the Mandarin camp until recently. However, like you mentioned, the June week will not work for us as school is still in session in the US during that time. Yes, you are correct, Mandarin speaking kids with English speaking staff may be a better environment to improve Mandarin. I have contacted the camp for more information, but have not gotten a response.