iPhone 5 in Taiwan?

If thinner, lighter and slightly bigger screen don’t do anything for you, then save yourself money and go with the 4S. I wouldn’t go with the 4 (unless there’s a huge difference in price) since it doesn’t have Siri. Apple continues to put a lot of resources into Siri so future updates may make it even more useful.

If thinner, lighter and slightly bigger screen don’t do anything for you, then save yourself money and go with the 4S. I wouldn’t go with the 4 (unless there’s a huge difference in price) since it doesn’t have Siri. Apple continues to put a lot of resources into Siri so future updates may make it even more useful.[/quote]

Anything would be an improvement compared to the POC I use now. The thing is that there is stuff that has a bigger screen than iPhone 5 out there, relaiable and good quality. The choice is not just based on size, quality of image and functions matter as well. Siri does not sem that much of a daily function to me, at least not as important as a fast, reliable processor. That I’d pay good money for.

I mean, if aside from “apprearance” -as in bigger and lighter- factors, functionality would still make a simple iPhone 4 or 4S equally useful?

I’d still lean towards the 4S. Apple usually releases software updates for 2 years, which means the 4 is almost at the end of its life, whereas the 4S still has another year or so of updates (mainly Siri) left in it. So you also want to buy the phone for what it might do in the future.

but if you still got your 4, keep it. I’ve seen people still with 3GS. Honestly I haven’t been too impressed with their updates, especially what they did with google maps.

In retrospect, that seems to have been a good move. While Apple maps was no where as good as the old Google maps, it did use vector maps (much faster) and provided turn by turn directions. Yesterday Google released their own maps app for the iPhone with both vector maps and turn by turn directions. Hooray for competition!

Now that the 7 is out. Is the 5s even available in Taiwan as a new phone?

Metrop Pcs has them now for 149 plus tax ! But you have to have a plan for just 3 months. Cheapest plan is 30/month.

I got one today as a gift for a relative in INdo.

My last one was bought when it first came out a few years ago and that was near 650

The 5S is no longer in production but you can get the iPhone SE which is probably along the same lines. Most carriers have the SE for free on a 2 year plan. Don’t really know what it costs here outright but it’s probably not that expensive.

Just as an aside, MetroPcs had the SE for 299 plus tax and 3 months service requirement.

They also had iphone 7 for the usual price , from 7oo something. And the 6s for 600 something.

But strangely they had a pile of brand new iphone 5s that apple unloaded on the cheap.