iPhone X available for pre-order Oct 27 for Nov 3 delivery

100k to be thrown away in tickets that may or may not sell? Many people indeed, but a student working part time? That is a big gamble.

If they invest over 500k, that is even worse. But yes, the 80 homes for rent brigade is large. But their lackeys even larger.

I misread

Infinite number of reality-augumented trips to Bali is now feasible with the 40k+ phone. But they can’t still beat a real trip.

Apparently the X is the most fragile screen and the most expensive to fix. Also can’t tKe the letter “i” without it auto correcting to a. https://www.google.com.tw/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2017/nov/07/iphone-x-most-expensive-apple-phone-fragile-drop-screen-display

So you start a sentence with:“I” and the iphone goes like:“No fuck off, you meant “a” mate” ?

yeah seems like it, and not just to a, a with a question mark. A?

One of my rich students has an iPhone X. I told him I’d give him an ‘A’ if he handed it over, but no dice.

How often do other people upgrade?

My first SP was iPhone 4, then 5S, and now a 7. I’ll probably wait another 2 years before I upgrade again (probably iPhone X3, I’m guessing…).

I would say about every 2 years when I renew my contract. Honestly I don’t see much difference in the next model after the one I got. So I usually wait for the model after the next.

I wait every 3 models just so I can get an actual “wow” factor and feel like there’s a real leap. Even 2 generations feels ehh…

With X, I don’t know though. I can’t see them continuing the old model line next year with an iPhone 8s or 9. I think they’ll dump that line and just continue with the Xs.

I think we’ll see X2, X3, etc. until that in turn is replaced in 6 or 7 years with yet another line.

i4s, i5, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, the Samsung still works like new/fast after 2 years so I’m going to wait 3 years now…1 more year to go.

1 Like

iPhone 3GS, Galaxy S2, HTC Butterfly S, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S7.

The only reason I’m on the S7 now was because it wasn’t much more to buy it second hand than it was to replace the front glass on my S6.

But, I’m extremely happy with the S7, as it is everything the S6 should have been.