Iranian Restaurant?

Has anyone tried out Persian Heaven? It’s off MinSheng E. Rd Sec 3 on He-Jiang St.

No, but I plan to. Thanks for the heads up. Has it been open long? Surely I’d have heard of it if it has – good Persian food is even nicer than Indian IMO.

BTW, the address is: 1FL, No. 1, Lane 61, He-Jiang St., Taipei. The phone number is: 2517-1603

Very nice owner from Teheran. Very nice but simple kabobs and salads. This is not a “royal” Persian restaurant with chicken fesunjoon or fish chika. But like I said the owner if friendly, the kabobs are succulently moist (courtesy of the yogurt sauce when cooking) but the lights are a bit bright (fluorescent). Very reasonable prices. I would go back or even better yet consider having their kabobs to cater a party.

It is pretty good and reasonably priced. The owners are pleasant as well. A very nice lunch alternative and you should definitely try it. I thought the lamb kebabs were particularly tasty and tender.

Went there today. It’s good and definitely worth a try, but it didn’t blow me away enough to be itching to go back. If I worked close by, I would definitely make it a once a month meal since it’s healthy and tasty enough. One small complaint- the AC was way too high. My wife overheard those at the table behind us commenting on this, and frigidness issue came up during a small chat outside with another patron.

Do they have hookah? (Pot-free, of course…)
I used to frequent a Persian restaurant back in Budapest where they had flavored hookah. I’m a “heavy non-smoker” but I loved having a few sniffs there.
Or if not this place, any other place in Taipei where I can find hookah?

Woodstock used to have hookah, but they’re closed now.
Not sure where else you can get it.

I ate there last night. The food was very nice, simple and tasty. I will definitely be going back again. As another person said, it is worth a visit once a month.

There is a review about it here:
taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 2003267462

[quote=“Josefus”]Woodstock used to have hookah, but they’re closed now.
Not sure where else you can get it.[/quote]

There’s a thai restaurant in tienmu with hookah. I think it’s tienmu. I remember them having multiple locations. I really doubt I could find it again. :slight_smile:

Peacock in ShiDa has had it for a while now. It’s right across from Nitti’s.

Off- Topic

Peacock Cafe opposite Nitti’s had Hookah’s advertised when I was there about 3 weeks back.

If you

Iranian deserts are not bad. Not quite as arid as parts of the Sahara and the mountain ranges that go from north to south break up the monotony of an east-west taxi journey. Unfortunately when travelling from south from Tehran to Kerman, I took a night train and so am unable to comment on most of the desert I crossed but it was raining on arrival. The Nubian desert is really good and best crossed by train (leaves Wadi Halfa every Tuesday evening and gets to Khartoum two or three days later. You can buy refreshments on board the train but there are no station vendors until you get to Wad Hamedi about 400 miles south of Wadi Halfa). I have never been to the Atacama, Kalahari, Gobi or the Namib but people tell me that as far as deserts go, they are quite good. The desert on the Arabian Peninsula comes highly recommended by some who have tried it. I believe that one is able to sample a small desert in Europe in southern Poland but I don’t know if it’s any good.

Bob

You meanie!!!

I should have seen that coming. Serves me right for being sloppy I guess. :unamused:

Great!!! When, where? What should I bring? Is anyone else here coming?

Iranian deserts are not bad. Not quite as arid as parts of the Sahara and the mountain ranges that go from north to south break up the monotony of an east-west taxi journey. Unfortunately when travelling from south from Tehran to Kerman, I took a night train and so am unable to comment on most of the desert I crossed but it was raining on arrival. The Nubian desert is really good and best crossed by train (leaves Wadi Halfa every Tuesday evening and gets to Khartoum two or three days later. You can buy refreshments on board the train but there are no station vendors until you get to Wad Hamedi about 400 miles south of Wadi Halfa). I have never been to the Atacama, Kalahari, Gobi or the Namib but people tell me that as far as deserts go, they are quite good. The desert on the Arabian Peninsula comes highly recommended by some who have tried it. I believe that one is able to sample a small desert in Europe in southern Poland but I don’t know if it’s any good.

Bob[/quote]

To think he gave up all that exotic travel to run a meat market in Taipei. Now that takes guts.

Tert Card, I’ll let that somewhat one-dimensional remark slide as going back through your posts, you’ve said nice things about our breakfast/brunch in the not-too-distant past. I hope you enjoyed your holiday in Sri Lanka last CNY (if indeed you went).

Bob

I thought that was “meet market”? :s

So, you sell meat there, eh? Lamb by any chance?

How about rice pudding desert?

re. hookahs…the bed has some nice hookahs…it’s very close to carnegies on the other side of the road on the alley to the right (shite directions i know)…thai fusion in very plush surroundings (fake tiger skin sofas et al), open till late and has a local dj…(oh and jamie ex of negies and brass monkey was running the bar when i was there)