Is AirBNB legal in Taiwan?

I’m willing to bet that Foreigner is still going to have to move even if he “wins”. Or, rather, especially if he “wins”. Most likely.

Mileage may vary if Landlord is a churchgoing type or has some other strong moral imperative operating on him from some external source.

Oh of course, there are countless ways to stack the deck, but knowing that one’s opponent has two aces is, at least, enough to make one hesitate.

I’ve somehow managed to have reasonable landlords in Taiwan, so I’m less clued in about the dodgy ones.

Well, for starters, it is illegal for the landlord to enter the premises without your permission. And that one is enforceable.

There is a reason why we tell newcomers NOT to live with the landlord. Things get icky quickly in most cases.

Dunno if you have seen the big bus ads saying it but yes, AirBnB and other similar systems are illegal in Taiwan. I know the OP likes his house very much but as a foreigner, again, you are the skinny dog and fleas like to stick to skinny dogs, meaning that if you live in a place where illegal activities are going on, it may spell trouble for you. The mud may reach you, if you get my meaning.

I mean basically AirBnB business, but heaven forbid if any of those strangers engages in drug use of whatever. You can be deported for just being in the same abode with someone using pot, did you know that? Hence the danger.

1 Like

yea this is pretty much a move out if you don’t like it sort of thing.