Is an FBI background check needed to work at a kindergarden in Taiwan?

According to the first post, it seems that the OP is from the U.S., which doesn’t have the Working Holiday program with Taiwan.

1 Like

That’s true. I didn’t know that.

@Itsmeee
Btw, why you didn’t need a return ticket when you came here? Or, did you cancel it after you entered? Or what you need is a money to survive till your return flight? That could be cheaper than airfare.

Omg yes thats her!

1 Like

Update: i was hired today. Turns out the job isn’t a kindy, it’s an elementary school so I won’t have to worry about being deported. The owners are husband and wife. They showed me how to take the train and bus from my apartment to the school. It seems like a good school. I’ll make enough money to LEAVE TAIWAN and head to my mew job in China.

Thanks

4 Likes

Congrats!

Put that racist bitch on blast. Maybe we should start a recruiter blacklist thread just like we have a cramschool blacklist thread.

Might be the schools telling her that to be honest. I had similar things happen to me when I first came back and schools and recruiter wouldn’t hire me because I’m Asian. Really stupid as they would save a lot of time with someone that doesn’t need a ARC and can actually work in multiple branches. Which is why another school hired me.

Congrats! Much better than a Kindy!!

And @Andrew0409 fair enough. I didn’t consider that. But you may be right. She could’ve still handled it better.

Definitely should. We dont need anyone discouraging people from trying to find jobs when they are at low, vulnerable points in their lives

About the apartments… i paid a 3 months deposit (August to November). What happens if i leave my apartment in October? I think the lease is for 1 year

FYI they are even more racist in China. :weary:

1 Like

At least i have jobs there.

They were pretty racist in Korea too, but I still had a black professor colleague at the Uni I taught at there… so there’s always exceptions and you shouldn’t give up.

Exactly. Thats just like telling someone just give up and go back home. But please someone answer my apartment question. Thanks :slight_smile:

One of two things: you lose one month’s rent by giving notice or you lose your entire deposit. Talk to your landlord and tell them your situation.

So, did you tell these apparently obliging people that you’re only going to stay for a month or two and then you’re going to leave them, and the kids, in the lurch? Just a question.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

No. I said we should do a 2 week trial period to see how i work out at the school

So you plan on just taking off…

Oh wow, I totally missed that. Not cool, itsmeee. You don’t like when people are unfair to you, you also shouldn’t do the same to an employer who’s finally nice and willing to take you on.

2 Likes