Is an FBI background check needed to work at a kindergarden in Taiwan?

I said, we should do a 2 week trial period to see how i do. Anyway, Taiwan is terrible and im afraid of being in the same predicament again and i dont have time for it. And they might not even let me stay when they see i dont have my fbi check with me

No man. Don’t try to put it that way. You know you’re taking off after 2 weeks. You already know that unfortunately that it can be a challenge for African Americans to get abteaching jobs here. Now you are doing something that will put others that genuinely want to work and be honest in a tougher spot. That’s not cool.

1 Like

Why is Taiwan terrible? I mean, it’s not perfect, but if you think mainland China will be a preferable working and social environment for you, then you’re in for a very harsh wake-up call. Very, very harsh.

1 Like

I wouldn’t shit on too many people when you go to China if I were you. You might get more comeuppance than you would in Taiwan.

I’m not “shitting” on anyone. But there is more institutional racism there. I don’t see how his path is easier there. In fact, I think it’ll be far more difficult.

So, what should i do about the fbi check?

I wasn’t talking to you.

As a ROC national I really want the island to really do things that don’t alienate people coming here and put this evil foreigner idea in the past. Things like citizenship laws, banking, getting cellphones, etc. But things like this is why it’s so hard. It does happen, and it makes it hard for many hard working people that come here to make a honest living and build a life.

Just get the FBI background check. I don’t understand the problem. They do it for you or like you said you have it, get it mailed to you.

Okay, but you replied to my post. So naturally I thought you were talking to me.

IMG_0389

@Itsmeee I’m done with you, dude. It sucks that people here were racist towards you, but it doesn’t excuse you flaking on the one employer willing to give you a job.

2 Likes

Excuse me? Im not even 100% sure if im going to china. I havent yet signed a contract. I need to see if i like the school and make sure they wont make a big deal of me not having my fbi check with me then i may change my mind.

Sorry, I didn’t realize I was replying to you, I thought I was just posting onto the thread.

Wont it take a more than a month to get my fbi bg results? My visa expires in November

I can’t speak to the current situation but, if my experience in Taiwan for profit schools has taught me anything, its that the rules don’t really apply. If they want to keep you around they will. Since you have a local background check I think that should lend you some credibility.

May I ask how it is that you became stranded in Taiwan in such dire straits?

If you have not yet decided to quit the job after 2 weeks, then I see no moral problem on the 2 week trial period. Both of employer and employee have the right to evaluate each other. Even if you already decided, it may be immoral, but not illegal. I beside the work permit problem, which I think a problem more of employers than employees.

But, what is the problem on the fbi check? You just need to take it again, if the school is a good work place and they request it. It will be some extra expense, but should not be a so big deal if you get a decent job.

But wont it take several months to get an fbi bg check in Taiwan like it did in the US?

I only have my local police check with me

Added: so if I cant get my work permit because my fbi bg check hasnt arrived i wont get deported?

For elementary school teachers, the background check is not a legal requirement. So, the school can get your work permit without your fbi check. They will get the permit first and wait for you to take the fbi document again, if they want you to stay with them.

Wow. Thank u! Maybe i’ll stay.
I’ll be teaching with the owner’s wife so t
It’s good to have a helper when teaching kids :slight_smile:

I’ll let you all know how it goes tomorrow

I’ve been hired and the school is giving me $41,000 nt a month. My friend says this is too low. What do you think?

The minimum monthly averaged wage for foreign professionals is 47,971. If your contract includes 2.05 month bonus, it satisfies the requirement.