Is it better to hire a visa agent or go to Hong Kong for a mainland China tourist visa?

Hi everyone, I am sorry to bother you, and I don’t mean to beat a dead horse.

I just wanted to ask which method is better for a US citizen applying for a mainland tourist visa, going through an agency in Taiwan or Hong Kong and letting them do it or flying to Hong Kong?

Also, what is cheaper and faster? Also, will you please share your experience?

You’ve been around here for a while. Did you do a search? There’s a ton of information including some I just posted a few days ago.

You can do it in Taiwan or you can do it in Hong Kong or you can do it in another country yada yada yada

Anyway, do you want cheaper or faster or easier or what are your preferences?

1 Like

For the visa itself, HK is likely to be faster if you use a travel agency there. Whether it makes sense or not depends on where you want to go, how fast, and for what price.

1 Like

That makes a lot of sense now. I was looking, and it costs 9500 TWD for one agency to obtain a tourist visa.

Checked this?

1 Like

That sounds excessive. My last tourist visa was only around 60 USD.

1 Like

9500 is about right. Chinese visas are insanely expensive these days and the government has started asking for more documents and refusing applications. Part of Xi’s China strength policies

Im not even sure if HK is still an option. As far as I know, you must wait at least one working day there, so will have to factor hotel costs into the equation

1 Like

Well, if you think about it, 9500NT if just about the cost of a round trip plane ticket from TPE to HKG.

So, you’re paying for a plane ticket for your visa, instead of yourself. One good thing about it is, your visa doesn’t need accommodations in HK if the application process is delayed.

1 Like

are these prices only for yanks?

1 Like

Yes, the China Embassy charges US passport holders US$140/NT$4300 standardized around the world.

1 Like

i mean for the whole service? ive got a visa before so i can remember roughly the price. i thought this was also an ARC holder thing

1 Like