Is my wifi router broken?

I don’t think there’s a way to say that in Chinese. It’s just MAC :smiley:

Great info here. But I can’t login with either cht / chtnvdsl or cht / chtnadsl. I live in Hsinchu.
Also, if I want to use my good router do I have to use LAN cable? or can I connect between my router and CHT router with WIFI (my router does support it)?

If your internet service is provided by CHT, you can try to irst log in with login: user and password: user

After logging in as user, there isn’t Mich you can do, but you can get the MAC address of your CHT router, especially the last 4 digits of the MAC address. For example if the last 4 digits is 47D7,

Then you can log in again as login: cht and password: 40gw47D7

40gw + the last 4 digits of the MAC.

It’s more ideal to connect your WIFI router to your CHT router with LAN cable.

1 Like

Which router model exactly do you have?

Typically you can find the login data by googling the model name together with “cht”. What @hansioux mentioned above for example is for a model named “40gw”.

Just like he said, cable between the routers is the way to go. Everything is unnecessarily complicated and slower.

With user/user you can for example disable the CHT router WiFi, then just attach your other router to one of the ports. No other login needed.

By the way, the MAC is also printed on a sticker on the router.

2 Likes

Ok I got my router working with LAN but I can only access some websites through my router. For example speedtest.net and Forumosa do not load but fast.com does. Any suggestions? I know it must be a simple config mismatch between the two modems but I can’t figure out what.

One way to do it is to set your CHT router to bridge mode, assuming that you either have a fixed IP from CHT or you can get DHCP from CHT.