Is NT$41,000/ Month Too Low To Be Teaching English?

I’m not sure it’s good or bad for you. It seems you have needed a visa run anyway to stay here, so you didn’t settle in the crap school might be a good thing.

I think you need a plan and strategy to get a reasonable position for you here or in any countries.

this means you failed to convince them that you are worth for the raise. It would be better to consider what you need to succeed it.

wow, that sucks, sorry to hear that.

Today, was my second day so I was still getting used to the teaching style of the school. First i came 40 minutes late (11:45- classes statt at 1) because I forgot which bus stop to get off at. The owner wasnt there at the school when I showed up. When she showed up i asked her where the materials were for me to teach with and she had an attitude saying I should remember where they were. Other than that I taught classes very well. It wasn’t until the end of school that i told her i’d like a higher salary because i have to commute over an hour and live by myself so she said the school isn’t a good fit for me and she was helping me out by hiring me

40 minutes late for your first day? Not a great first impression. Asking for a salary raise might have just been the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Pay attention to the details or you could be fired.

1 Like

How can you get fired from a job you don’t even have. You said yourself earlier that this was a trial run to see if you like it.

They just opted not to hire you based on you being seriously late to work and your lack of preparedness.

A lesson learned I hope.

It is not a huge loss. It was a crap job anyways. Pull your boot straps up, pick yourself up and keep looking. There are better options. But you need to get to work on-time.

Did u read? It was my second day

Not so much difference between 1st day and 2nd day.

I don’t think this is a very good reason for a salary raise. Didn’t someone suggest you to say having another offer with better pay?

Im thinking about heading to china on a tourist visa. I know it’s illegal but do u think i’ll get caught and deported in a month?

Yes, but i never mentioned it because i thought i’d be let go for sure

i did that. id advise against it. being there gives you no advantage over being here, even if you are applying to jobs in china. there is this thing called the internet, get the job before you go. seriously.

1 Like

I’ve already heen hired there but i figured since im low on money here and no ones hiring me i might as well go to the job and make some money.

Better yet, get on the next plane back home. You are not listening to any of us. You have been given very useful and practical advice from many people. I’m done here. Good luck, you are going to need it.

1 Like

Huh?If I werent listening i wouldnt even be here typing getting you all’s advice?

you’ve already got a lot of advices, including on going to China too. Are there any more advices you need to make a decision?

The end… I hope…!

oh right. that makes more sense. id still only do it after the taiwan options were exausted though. different ball game in china.

And then the apartment issue- i have to pay my landlord for not staying until the contract ends! Any ideas on how to get out of paying the fee for leaving my apartment?

For that, find next tenant of your room. If the landlord can get the rent without a blank, you might not need to pay the fee.

What’s the best way to find tenants in taiwan?