Is "Taipei Guest House" a Brothel?

Would anyone know if the place that advertises cheap rooms on Jian-Jiang Street 112-4F is actually a brothel? Seems dingy and dodgy AF.

You have probably better brothels to go to, donā€™t be cheap.

1 Like

Brothels are a lot pricier than manky hostels.
Do the math

1 Like

Jian-Jiang Street ? Any more info? Like Google map link.

There arenā€™t really any ā€œbrothelsā€ in Taipei. But there are many many hotels that rent rooms for an hour or two where couples go.

Itā€™s difficult to interpret tone in text, so I will give the benefit of the doubt and say your intention was light humour? I should have explained my interest. There is someone trying to lure students there who have had difficulties with their home country scholarships.

There is someone trying to lure students there who have had difficulties with their home country scholarships, and I went to check it out with two of them. Aside from having hideous standards and fluctuating (by the minute) pricesā€¦ I have concerns.

Lol, there are a lot of brothels in Taipei!

2 Likes

KTV, massage with special service, freelancers, lots of sex workers and prostitutes, old women whispering in your ear at snake alley night market, onlineā€¦ Yes, but almost no place that is a traditional brothel where a customer can walk in, pick a partner, and go to the room.

Or so Iā€™ve heard.

Lure how? Offering rooms at cheap rates? Or something else? And how do they find the ā€œstudents there who have had difficulties with their home country scholarshipsā€?

Are they are making offers to foreign girls in trouble?

1 Like

What is the cause of your concerns?

I gather your friends are looking for the cheapest possible accomodation? A brief search here on Forumosa and other foreign fora will let you know that no, it is not a brothel. Dodgy as hell, full of unsavory characters, transients and such. Illegal activities? Probably and planty, but not a brotherl per se. A place of legeds, mostly dark. Moreover, there are several locations of this chain, caveat emptor.

If your friends are looking for eassy buck in the oldest profesion of the world, one, it is illegal, second, they do not have to go that low, donā€™t they? As international students, they stand out as a sore thumb, and the embassies are already fed up with dragging out of jail spoiled kids who think it is funny to streak down Hoping or grab stuff at 711, let alone having to show their faces if anyone is caught in something worse. Local media salivates at the thought of having furriners on the cover.

That said, a foreignerā€™s worst friend is those "friendsā€™ introducing connections and good deals. Many times too many people end up as the cat that pulled the chestnuts from the embers. The pals are the monkey.

Almost no place other than the hundreds of ā€œbarberā€ shops? There are also many, many private apartments done out as mini brothels with 3 or 4 girls available at busy times.

Your information here is strangely specificā€¦ :wink:

Ha, yes it is. Not a customer but do have some insights into the business through some rather colorful local friends.

I missed out on listing the larger bath houses, most have full service available too, although that side of the business tends to be much higher end in terms of finance and organisation.

Plausible deniabilityā€¦well played. I also know a little about the business from uhā€¦friends who work as ā€œhostesses.ā€

1 Like

Iā€™m almost certain that youā€™re just kidding, but just in case, I thought Iā€™d add that Iā€™ve been under the impression that itā€™s knowledge of a kind that doesnā€™t require personal experience:

Hereā€™s a snippet from a scholarly piece on it, recycled from a post I made last year:

The One Studio One Phoenix mode of operations is most prevalent in Taipei City and fixed locations are mostly located in Taipei County.

. . .

Most studios are located in an apartment complex. When a customer gets to the complex, the chicken head will tell the customer a room number to go to. After the customer ring the bell, a sex worker will open the door. If the customer does not like what he sees, he will get in touch with the chicken head downstairs and a new room number will be offered. These places often restrict the transaction to one hour, but some places do not set time limits, as long as a sex worker does not have another customer waiting. These One Studio One Phoenix operations involve both ā€œTaiwanese Teaā€ (Taiwanese women) and ā€œWater Teaā€ (Mainland Chinese women). Some studios are famous for the quality of their service, and some are appealing because they are staffed predominantly with Mainland Chinese women. Taiwanese sex workers in these studios include both full-time and part-time workers. Mainland Chinese working in these establishments may come to Taiwan on their own or by being smuggled into Taiwan by sex ring operators.

ā€“James O. Finchkenauer and Ko-lin Chin, ā€œAsian Transnational Organized Crime and Its Impact on the United States: Developing a Transnational Crime Research Agenda (March 2006),ā€ pages 92-93, from the U. S. National Criminal Justice Reference Service Web site

The Justice Department adds the following caveat to the above:

This report has not been published by the U.S. Department of Justice.

. . .

Opinions or points of view expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official position or policies of the U.S.Department of Justice.

20 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion on prostitution

For some of us the knowledge is academic, for others it comes from ā€œfield studies.ā€ And of course one doesnā€™t preclude the other. :slight_smile:

I feel we may need a team of undercover investigators to get to the bottom of the brothel industry in Taipei. Any volunteers? A few good, hard men is what is needed. :rooster:

1 Like

A lot suana places that are men only have back rooms. Get into the steam room, tub tub and a special rub down in the back. Most have full service and some are half. Thereā€™s even a gay one from what one of my gay friend told me. If youā€™re really looking. Ask a taxi driver. From my experience anything you need you can always ask a taxi driver in most part of the world