Is there a way to block or unsubscribe from a particular forum?

So, for example, is it possible to view this site without seeing stuff posted to International Politics?

2 Likes

Sounds like someone needs a safe space. :slight_smile: You could try just not reading the posts you find offensive. It’s not rocket science.

If that proves difficult, you can click on the Forum tab instead of the Latest tab and avoid International Politics completely.

Click on your icon at top right, and then the gear icon for Preferences. Go down to the Muted box and you can enter any categories you want; they won’t appear in the Latest topics list.

2 Likes

I believe threads that you’ve already replied to will still appear - but then you can just mute those threads individually when they show up.

Being able to have “all new posts minus specific forums” is one of the big advantages of the new software, although unfortunately we can no longer automatically hide posts by individual users.

2 Likes

Normally I don’t get drawn in by nonsense, but what they hey. I haven’t found any of the posts here offensive. I find a lot of the posts here juvenile and irrelevant and I was hoping to clean up my feed by removing posts I already do not read.

Thanks everyone for the help!

So I’ve saved my preferences to look like this, but I still get notified when any thread is updated there. I also see any new posts in my Latest feed. Is this a change that takes place immediately, or does it require logging out and back in, or a restart, or ? Is it possible that it’s just a matter of not enough time expiring or something?

I know a little about this because I’ve had to do this myself recently :slight_smile:

This might be true. If it doesn’t work itself out in a day or so, post again please. I’ll look into it in the meantime

1 Like