Is there a way to see a list of "muted" threads?

By looking at the recent activity of a poster that I’m friends with, I realized that there were at least two different threads the the poster had recently participated in that I hadn’t seen. Looking at the bottom of those two threads, I noticed that each of them had the status of being “muted”. From a little reading on the internet, it seems that muted threads are not shown in the list of recent threads.

The question is, is it possible to see a list of all my muted threads so I can possibly un-mute them if I wish to? Otherwise, I’m afraid I would have no way of seeing any updates in those muted threads.

Okay, I seem to have found it.
http://tw.forumosa.com/?state=muted
There’s a whole lot of muted threads there (for me at least). Is there any way to unmute them without having to do that for each thread individually? I am pretty sure I never actually requested to mute those threads.

Hmmm, that is odd. I hadn’t noticed this issue previously, or that muted threads even existed. I was just going to point out that control. For me, it shows no muted threads, so I’m not sure why you have them. Let me look into it a bit more.

The link to that list can be found on the user preference page, under the lists of watched etc. and muted topics.

Thanks you, tempogain. Yes, I arrived at that link through the preferences. It’s good that the link exists, but I too am curious why I have so many muted threads. Some of them haven’t been active for years, which is well before the transition to Discourse software. There’s actually several threads that have been active in the past couple of months that I wasn’t aware of. Hopefully this problem isn’t too widespread, because it could be reducing the amount of traffic on the website.

Thank you Scomargo. I looked, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to batch-change them. Are they from any particular forum or forums?

No, they’re from a large variety of different forums. I guess I can just start at the top of the list and work my way down for the threads that interest me. It’s unfortunate that there’s not an easier way, though. I’m just guessing that other users may have this problem and not even be aware of it. I wasn’t until about an hour ago, and I check these forums every day that I go to work.

Actually, I’ve noticed that these muted threads all appear to be threads that I’ve posted in previously. Maybe the transition to Discourse affected the status of the threads. The bad thing is these threads are the exact threads that I would not want to have muted. Oh well, at least it’s possible to un-mute them.

Yeah I was looking a bit and noticed that as well (they’re from different forums and are threads you’ve posted in). I don’t think they are all threads you’ve posted in, though most seem to be. It’s very odd and obviously wrong and concerning. We’re definitely looking into it and will post back here. Sorry about the inconvenience to you.

Thanks so much for looking into it. I’ve un-muted enough threads now that it shouldn’t really matter much. The ones I haven’t un-muted are all at least several months old.

This isn’t high priority, so you don’t need to bust your butt over it or anything, but I’m just curious if there are others with this same problem. If so, then it could be a potentially serious problem. Maybe the Discourse guy who helped you with your transition could help out. (That word “transition” carries a lot more baggage now than it used to). :slight_smile: