Islamic State comes to Taiwan

Jakarta, Feb. 24 (CNA) An Indonesian woman was deported by the Taiwan authorities two days ago on suspicion of her being a member of Islamic State (IS),

The official further said that in addition to the woman, there are several other Indonesia nationals in Taiwan who are being closely monitored due to their possible links with IS, the radical Islamist militant group notorious for using violence against its opponents.

The whole state or one woman?

Article mentioned several people under investigation. So likely IS sympathizers.

Could be lone wolves or maybe an attempt to start a cell here.

And what made you decide to overblow the title like that?

Anything related to Islam is overblown. It’s very 1930s.

1 Like

Not a chance, man. We can’t even get a friggin Taco Bell.

Would you prefer “Islamic State gains supporters in Taiwan”?

I do find it interesting that the Taiwanese intelligence is monitoring those Indonesians. I’m wondering how they found out this information. Does Taiwan monitor Indonesians and Malaysians for Islamic terror links? Or monitor foreigners in general?

Prefer to what?

The NSA listens to all phone calls worldwide.
In the 1990s digital phone lines replaced the analogue lines. I don’t know how much understanding of technology you have. However from that point on, phone conversations could be monitored for keywords realtime.

I could now ramble for hour about technology and its ramification to our societies.
For example the changes that will come to the FCC with Trump.

Too make it short, the Islamic State is the least of our challenges we are facing right now, especially here in Taiwan.

They monitor your ass, be sure about that.

I’m sure Taiwan doesn’t want to experience what you in Germany are going through. It doesn’t have to get that bad before taking action.

Well, maybe they can at least open a decent falafel joint.

What are the people in Germany going through?
You must be talking about Sweden. It’s Sweden, Sweden can you believe it?

Mmm, that would go down real nice with some Fizzy Bubblech.

Never mind American-style telephone surveillance, we’ll just put ankle bracelets on them. Wow, what an evolution for Germany. Terrorist attacks do funny things to people.

So these Brexiter clowns and

State-owned RIA Novosti news agency, which founded RT in 2005, is one of the largest in Russia. Its chairperson is Svetlana Mironyuk, who has modernised the agency since her appointment in 2003. RIA Novosti has stated it helped establish RT, but is "neither a sponsor nor a backer of Russia Today.

is where you are coming from. That explains a lot.

I even don’t want to bother anymore putting all your claims into a proper perspective.

What about BBC and The Indipendent? Are they far right pro-russia outlets as well?

I’m quite aware that the NSA records and intercepts every communication in, to, and from the USA. Believe Snowden showed that was happening in the NSA’s PRISM program.

But in Taiwan’s case, they must have somebody who can understand Indonesian monitoring them. Otherwise how can they link them to the Islamic State? So is this common in Taiwan to monitor all Foreign workers? Just certain countries?

Taiwan is in the visa waiver program.
On October 2, 2012 the United States announced Taiwan’s designation for participation in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Under the VWP, eligible Taiwan …

With that, my guess, comes a certain amount of intelligence sharing.

One word, people, one word, Bowlinggreen. #lestweforget

1 Like

One person doesn’t make Taiwan a ISIS hotbed.