Islamic State comes to Taiwan

I re-read the article. It says the FBI and Taiwan cooperated in this.

Nice to know the US government is monitoring people even in Taiwan, eh?

With the visa agreement Taiwan shares the travel movement to and off the Island.
This way, the US can know if there are potentially dangerous people in Taiwan, who could steal or fake a passport, and come to the US this way.

It only requires a little logical thinking to figure that out.

They did. Then they closed down. Lack of interest.

I reckon IS In Taiwan will have the same problem.

1 Like

I found it to be more mediocre than decent, but it’s true that the Taiwanese don’t seem to have a taste for Middle Eastern food, except for those fake shawarma slathered in mayo.[quote=“finley, post:23, topic:158494”]
I reckon IS In Taiwan will have the same problem.
[/quote]

Yeah, it’s hard to see a real market for that kind of fanaticism in Taiwan. The only ones who seem to have that kind of homicidal hatred toward the Taiwanese are the Chicoms. It’s like how relatives and lovers are usually the main suspects when somebody gets murdered.

Maybe this belongs in the other thread, but one of the things I really like about Taiwan is the lack of religious bullshit, and I say that as a religious person. Apart from the occasional JW, I just love not having in-your-face religious hypocrisy paraded around on every street corner. People mostly keep their beliefs to themselves - or when they don’t, it’s about something trivial like catching a cold, or having mirrors in the wrong place, or eating 素雞 instead of 雞排. Nobody wants to behead you for wearing impious underpants. That’s the way things ought to be, IMO.

2 Likes

. The Indonesians could have joined the Islamic state after coming to Taiwan. In which case, your statement won’t apply. Report doesn’t mention that.

A bit old, but the Islamic state did threaten Taiwan and the government took it seriously.
http://m.todayonline.com/world/asia/taiwan-alert-after-twitter-threat-islamic-state-attack

Maybe Taiwan started paying more attention to IS after the threat.

It may have to do with Trump. One of his priorities is taking out ISIS, no doubt he is forming alliances with countries to coordinate a global response. It’s about time, Obama wouldn’t go anywhere near what it takes to redress the problem because of fear of discriminating against Muslims, and thus ISIS flowered to the untolerable magnitude we are today.