It took one of our own to articulate this. Nailed it (PS. its about Canadians)

As a long time expat-Canuck, it is finally nice to read someone talk about the type of compatriot who I loath. I am sure many of us have had conversations about this ‘guy’ (or anyone who knows someone from Ontario or Alberta, wink wink), I know I have run into more than a few here.

vice.com/en_ca/read/the-ugly … 5925417366

ChewEy, please refrain from beating off until you finish the article.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]As a long time expat-Canuck, it is finally nice to read someone talk about the type of compatriot who I loath. I am sure many of us have had conversations about this ‘guy’ (or anyone who knows someone from Ontario or Alberta, wink wink), I know I have run into more than a few here.

vice.com/en_ca/read/the-ugly … 5925417366. [/quote]

Actually, I loathe the kind of guy who wrote the article. He is the kind of nit-picking overly critical type that I find annoying when I am back in Canada.

I mean, he is taking a beer commercial so seriously. That was actually a funny commercial, in my view!

Perhaps it depends on personal experience. I haven’t met any Canadians with a very silly patriotism here. I have met many Canadians that love the fact that there is less gun violence and political polarization than in the US, and that our social safety net hasn’t broken the bank.

If people want to bash Canada for something real, go ahead. But this whole TV commercial as representing Canadians’ faults is kind of a straw man, eh?

Never met the so-called Ugly American in Taipei. 80% of the Canadians were fking Picasso paintings, though.

My long-held view is this–any country where ice hockey and harness racing are major sports clearly stands in the ranks of the elite nations.

And curling! The sport of the gods, then down to the Legion for some cheap beer!