J-Lin may have blown out his knee

Guess they won’t show every of those horrible Nets performances this season on Taiwanese TV.

Will be all replaced by Lonzo Ball. :slight_smile: Not that he justified the attention in his first NBA game…

Did you see him play? Awful and boring. Dennis smith jr was the best PG this draft. Everyone missed him.

But it will be fun seeing everyone go after lonzo because his dad had to run his mouth.

Haven’t seen the game, just the box score. He will figure it out.

But that’s my point. Dennis plays in Dallas, you won’t see him playing on Taiwan TV. they always showed the frickn Lakers when Kobe was still playing, but playing awfully. As a Mavs fan for all of the Dirk years I never even bothered to check if they were showing Dallas games. They rarely did.

Yeah I know what you mean. I got the league pass every year since I move to taiwan. Except last year when KD made the whole league boring and I already knew it was cavs warriors. I even called it 4-1 warriors correctly.

But basically lonzo got bullied lol. And you’re going to see a lot of that this year. The point guard position is no joke.

Watching Lakers-Sun right now. Lonzo much better today. I actually love him play. Very unconventional, rookie mistakes galore, but he is a special player.

Saw a few games of Jeremy, I think it’s over for him. The only thing that can save him now is becoming a great 3 point shooter. Also he looks scared and timid about his knee, looks slower and less explosive. Exactly what happens to all athletes after patella tendon tear. He’s a slasher so it’s going to be hard for him to play in the nba now. We will see by January, it looks like he’s still doing some recovery at the final stages before he has the green light to go long minutes.

1 Like

so, in all seriousness, any other potential b-ballers from Taiwan (even mixed blood) that could make (college players, too) it as far, or was Jeremy just a :unicorn: , so to speak?

No, because they physically can’t compete. Not just height and natural athleticism. Strength and conditioning is a joke in Taiwan. Some SBL teams don’t even have a strength and conditioning coach and program last I heard. Taiwanese players get physically bullied in international play.

Jeremy’s athleticism is off the charts, his pre draft workouts were amazing. I remember the only player faster then Jeremy was John wall in that draft class. Amazing how he was not drafted. But of course in the nba most players are very athletic, so it isn’t always obvious. But he’s still above average athletic for his position.

marmot-teeth

I revisited some of his Linsanity games on Youtube. That was AMAZING. Seems a long long time ago. Was just the right place and time for him. The coach, D’Antoni, let him play, other teams didn’t know him in the beginning, Carmello got injured, and he rode that wave with the help of God…

Didn’t take long after that for other teams to figure out how to play him and playing in other systems revealed his limitations. Then the injuries, the hair-do’s, all the distractions. He’s still a solid back-up player on mediocre teams, but he lacks the overall quality to be a difference maker. Too many great ball-handlers out there now.

As other have pointed out already there were so many unique aspects to his story coupled with great luck and timing. Definitely :unicorn:, not going to be repeated for a long time.

Oh god, don’t remind me. Yesterday there was this guy wearing a déjà vu t-shirt with Linsanity printed on it.

Bobby still wears his Linsanity t-shirt regularly. Everyone coos when they see him.

Ruined linsanity. He was so jealous of Lin’s success…I remember they lost the game he was back lol. He was so jealous he asked the front office to get rid of lin and basically got DAntoni fired. Carmelo has always been selfish and petty. Also he’s one of the most inefficient players ever.

Carter > Carmelo

I really started to appreciate Vince Carter when he played for Dallas. Seeing him now still playing at 41 (!) is proof of his professionalism. He still has no ring, has he?

No ring, but he is so fun to watch. I can’t help but to root for him. It’s nice to see him beat a young guy off the step. Added 3 points game, what I said Jeremy needs to do will help him a lot. Lost of athleticism with 3 points shooting is the only way guys stay in the league.

He has been looking nice the last few games. 2:04 Commentator thinks jeremy is an international player lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsYrYzlIViI