Jalapeno plant

I posted this in the Gardening thread, but got not response. Thought maybe here would have a better chance. Does anyone know about growing jalapenos here in Taiwan? I’d like to give a try at growing them.

There’s a gardening thread? Who knew? You say you’re in Taichung so you should be sorted as far as sunlight goes. I’ve got a bunch of habanero seeds up here in Taipei but I haven’t started them yet.
I don’t know too much about growing them but I’m pretty due they don’t need too high quality soil. I’m going to do mine in a mix of sand and potting soil from the garden center. Good drainage is essential and they need a lot of water. You’ll need some of that black polypropylene screening they use for orchids or the blossoms will droop and fall when it gets too hot. Don’t pick the first ones as soon as they’re big enough and still green or you’ll get hardly any more off the plant – wait until the first ones are turning red before you pick them. That way you’ll get better yield on the next batch. Good luck. Chiles are pretty easy to grow here.