Judicial reform

Some ideas are being discussed…

This one sounds interesting.

However, records regarding recognition, misconduct or discipline would not be included, “because if a judge was remiss or there was an oversight in a ruling or interpretation of the law, they would have been disciplined and held responsible. If such records are accessible on the database, we believe it would be unfair to these judges,” Lu said.

As the article notes, some of that information is already available online. :ponder:

On the one hand:

The Judicial Yuan, the ministry and the bar association all issued statements protesting Chang’s remarks, demanding that he provide evidence to support his claims and calling on him to resign as a member of one of the Presidential Office’s preparatory committee for judicial reform’s subcommittees.

On the other:

“After publishing that letter, people said to me that I was talking rubbish. They asked how it is possible that such a small number of people were taking bribes. Some people believed my figure was too low and the proportion of corrupt judiciary officials is much higher,” he said.

He proposes a jury system as a partial solution.