Kaohsiung Drug Bust Valued at US$102 million

The police continue to set records in catching drug smuggling. This one worth US$102M!!!

I like how they inflate the prices to make it seem like it’s so much. Even if they sold it gram by gram at the highest price, 1 gram of ketamine maybe goes for 1000nt at most. 30 USD. So if you don’t sell at bulk at a discount, one kilo would be 30K. 1,300kg would be just under 40million.

I wonder why Taiwanese like ketamine so much, kids do it all the time. Middle school and high school kids lace it in their cigarettes. You can smell it sometimes around internet cafes that they hang out around.

Never tried it but I guess it’s a cheap high. Its also highly potent right.

Yeah, I just dont understand the recreation use of it. It’s used as a battlefield anesthetic for gods sake because it doesn’t mess with the respiratory system like opiate and other anesthetics. But it’s certainly not a drug you can use and be “functional” like say smoking a joint and go about your day. Weirdly enough it’s also relatively safe therefore used in war situations and has a low addiction susceptibility.

Fixed.

Ketamine was a disociative drug last time I read about it (many years ago). I don’t think that can be considered safe, especially considering traffic here.