Kid activities, camps, etc., New Year break 2018

Just thought I’d ask if anyone has advice or tips on winter camps for kids. It’s a whole month basically and I’ve heard that Camp Taiwan, YWCA, 國語日報 and others have them. Ideally we’d like something that is fun, could handle grades 1-6, and isn’t crazy expensive, in Taipei. Our kids all speak Mandarin but the oldest can’t really write well. In the past we’ve always done the “stay at home and keep ourselves occupied” but I think ours will get bored and start trying to kill each other if they’re together 14 hours a day. Anyone have advice?

If you can speak Chinese or your spouse can, call up Bei Tou Junior High School. It is a few blocks away from Xinbeitou MRT end station on the south side (and up a small small hill). They have at least a week of full-day camp. They have judo part of the time during the day and soccer during the other part of the day, with playground games thrown in. The cost is super, super extremely cheap (when you hear it, you won’t believe it) and includes boxed lunch each day. It is really cheap, because they get judo sports funding to offset the costs. The teachers are college students or PE teachers with a judo background.

Thanks! Pretty far from us, but really good to know about. If others know of similar things, I would be really interested.

Taipei City’s sports centers will have winter camps. Half day programs for specific sports and whole day program with mixed activities. It may be already full for the coming winter vacations though. For next time.

I think several universities and museums also do some programs. They are often announced on elementary schools’ web page.

Oops, sorry, you need programs for new year break. The above is for Chinese new year break.

Yeah, the registration is just really killing us this year. Neither of us are native speakers so we’re really terrible at figuring out registration deadlines, how to pay, etc. We’re also trying to register our kids’ for the afternoon school activities and they’re mostly full and the registration is Tuesday using a computer. We may stop by Xinyi or Daan center and see what they say. U’s are a good idea also.

This looks amusing, I just wonder when the International Olympic C, will include it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mazAr4kn1Qw