'Kill Chinese'

They were well documented Afters…
Not much choice in the matter many of em.

I also believe in Aborigines getting large parts of their traditional landholdings back.

Han Chinese did the exact same thing to aboriginal people living in many parts of modern China. Maybe they can leave there too!?!?

I also wonder how the aboriginees could have documented them, seeing as they couldn’t write.

“Ethnic Chinese in Western countries always misbehave, so ethnic Chinese deserve to get hated and discriminated in an implicit way.”
Is it just me or the logic here really sounds identical to the reason why some Whites hate Blacks in the U.S.?
“We hate them because they just refuse to behave themselves and always get involved in crime. Why don’t they just get themselves some decent jobs and higher social economic status?”

Let me know when the PRC accepts 77 million people from a much less developed country.

It’s the same in any country. Just swap around races/ethnicity and you’ll still find plenty of examples. When I was in Australia, the things I’ve heard from some Indian people regarding Africans (center Africa, so very dark skin) sounded like a KKK instruction manual.

At the end of the day, it’s all about money and power.
Once again, I’m going to bring up Canada though it is a country ignored by almost every one else in the world.
The migrants (especially those of Chinese origin) in Canada are generally wealthy people (much wealthier than an average middle-classed Canadian).
They invest, build up businesses, and contribute a lot of money to the Canadian government. So, we hardly hear anything negative about the Chinese in Canada.
In contrast, the migrants of Chinese origin in the U.S. or Australia are generally lower middle-classed or poor people in the local society. They compete jobs and resources with all other people around them, so we see all kinds of negative, insulting, and even inhuman criticism against them.

Yeah, it’s your own fault not to be richer and more powerful than we are. So we’re just gonna despise you to the end of the day.

Largely true but not entirely. Lots of negativity about mom and daughters living off government programs in nice house while dad makes millions back in Asia. Also plenty of negativity around housing bubble and Chinese money. Everyone knows a Johnny or two 16 year old Chinese teen buying a 2 million $ house. It’s almost a cliche

Not saying you are wrong, but I’m interested in finding the numbers around the economic background of Chinese-origin migrants to Australia. Do you know where I can find some stats?

Not sure where you’re getting this from. Chinese-Americans are well above average in terms of earning power and upward mobility.

There’s lots of non-facts there, buddy

First of all, you’re only talking about the most recent wave of Chinese immigrants, that started in the early 80s, centered in major cities.
(Who, FWIW, historically “contribute” as little as possible to the Canadian government, avoiding taxation as energetically as they do in their own countries)

The original (ethnically) Chinese immigrants, like in the US, dropped out of railroad building crews all across the country and were shit dirt poor, almost exclusively setting up restaurants and neighborhood grocery stores.
There is, and always has been, plenty of nominal anti-Chinese sentiment in Canada, including SHITloads of resentment against the well-to-do post-80s set who snapped up real estate nobody wanted and flipped it for massive profits. There’s a reason why they called it “Hong-couver” when I was growing up.

1 Like

Some would also make a distinction between the ones who came in the 80’s and the more recent arrivals.

Speaking of Hongcouver, Ian Young has a blog by that name.

http://scmp.com/article-type/hongcouver

Just so, although the 80s folks definitelt fit @Mr.Lin’s criteria in terms of being “generally wealthy people”.

As an addendum, there’s ALWAYS been plenty of fairly casual racism against ethnically Chinese in Canada, although, like in other Western countries, it tends to be inversely proportionate to level of education and worldly experience.
I mean, I have actual fucking family members who still make comments about how “they” drive and honestly believe that Chinese people have a distinct studying genome.
For the love of Pete. :roll:

Honestly, I’m glad that he, along with Brother @Gain and others, had a good time there, but the Internet-fueled fantasy that it’s some kind of Tolerance-topia shouldn’t be relied upon, no matter how many photo ops Prime Minister Six Pack does in his underwears.

2 posts were split to a new topic: From Kill Chinese

It’s 2017, you need to include #notall !

I’ve never been to Canada, though I would love to. Especially Montreal.

And Prime Minister Six Pack is yum. If he had webcam leaked boy would it go viral.

1 Like

The Rocket speaks the truth.

Guy

One thing is for sure though.
With one of our Taiwanese tycoons’s Foxconn investing $10 billion in Wisconsin, a small part of Americans will talk less trash about Asians, Chinese, or at least Taiwanese after this one.

Taiwanese firms have been investing in the US for decades. Formosa Plastics for example has been at it since the 1980s. They recently announced another 13 billion $ project in the US.

And China is going at it like crazy too

http://www.fpcusa.com/company/operations/

At least those 2,800 US employees don’t hate Taiwanese?

Except the ones that came to Taipei to protest and were unceremoniously hauled off and deported?

Who are the people you’re talking about?