Kingdom Hall for Jehovah's Witness?

Hi, I’ve had a search on here but haven’t had any luck so I apologise if i’m duplicating a previous post. I know somebody who is flying out here to study who is also a Jehovah’s witness. They are trying to find out where the Kingdom Halls are. She is likely to be taking over my apartment which is in the Shilin district, near the National Palace museum. Does anyone know if there are any Kingdom Halls in this area or even in Dazhi? I have no idea and haven’t had any luck with google! If you can help i’d really appreciate it.

The Chinese for Kingdom Hall is 王國聚會所. Apparently there’s one on Yunhe St. near Xinsheng S. Road, but I can’t find the details. Hopefully this will give you something to go on…

That’s very helpful. Thanks very much.

There’s one near my house in Shipai. In Shipai Rd Sec 1 Lane 71, building next to the electronics store on the corner.

And to meet JW’s for love and romance, see

partnersinthetruth.com

You too can live in God’s paradise on earth! Woo-hoo!

(I had a crush on a JW girl back in junior high.)

I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. We have a Kingdom Hall on 台北市中山區農安街210號6之2Fl. It is on the corner of 建國北路/農安. You can see it from the 建國overpass. You can phone me at 0952-729-838. If the person wants to attend the Chinese meetings they are on Sunday 9:30 AM and Friday 7:30 PM. English meetings are at Sunday 1 PM

For those who don’t read characters, that’s Taibei City, Zhong1shan1 District, Nong2an1 St., #210, 6F-2. On the corner of Jian4guo2 N. Rd. and Nong2An1.

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]And to meet JW’s for love and romance, see

partnersinthetruth.com

You too can live in God’s paradise on earth! Woo-hoo!

(I had a crush on a JW girl back in junior high.)[/quote]

SJ, I’m not religious, but I find your constant snide mockery of religion in threads like these annoying and inappropriate. The OP asked a sincere question and doesn’t deserve to have his/her (or his/her friend’s) religion mocked. Do also you accost people on the way to church on Sunday and make fun of them?

Thanks for all that. All info gratefully received. BTW, Tomas, appreciate you comment. I’m actually not religious in the slightest, but am just trying to help someone out.

Thanks again.

Honestly, I’m surprised they have Jehovah’s Witnesses in Taiwan. Although, Taiwan really is very religiously tolerant and most, if not all religions, seem to be represented here to some degree or other. :thumbsup:

Well, I’ve the experience of many Taiwanese using ‘religion’ for the purpose of networking … trying to sell, M-w…, or Usa… or something … and to prop up their everyday business … :ponder:

Screaming Jesus, lay off it, OK: this is just an information thread, obviously. not a place for snide snippery. Look, even I have restrained myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=SYkbqzWVHZI

[/quote]
lol

Rabbi: You’re only making it worse for yourself!!
Chained guy waiting to get stoned: How can it get worse!!??

:roflmao: Brilliant.

Bit off topic, though…

I recently met some JWs in Taiwan and they told me they are called “publishers” not missionaries. And they often come here to work at English teachers in bushibans to get their work permit or visa, but some have to do three month visa runs to stay longer. They told me they come to teach English but that is just their work visa job, they really come here, using the English teacher job as a kind of ruse, but an honest ruse, so they can do their REAL work of being "publishers’ and trying to get ‘‘heathen’’ Taiwanese to join their family.

One guy told me: ‘‘The JW ministry in Taiwan is fruitful- there aren’t even 10,000 baptized ‘publishers’ in the country yet, but last year over 600 new people were baptized as servants of Jehovah. And here in Taipei especially, the atmosphere is just about perfect for foreigners coming to learn Chinese, with lots of support coming from both our Taiwanese friends and those foreigners who have been living here a bit longer.’’

They apparently live togetehr as teachers in communcal houses often run by Taiwanese converts to JW, and one guy said: “Our congregation in Taiwan is very close, and we’re always doing things together; it’s hard to not have lots of friends!”

They apoarently only asscoiate with each others and unlike the Mormons who live inside their “churches” around Taiwan, the JW’s live as English teachers pretending to have come here to teach English when in fact they come here to learn Chinese and further their missions and their publisher activities. very nice and polite people, i rather like chatting with them, but of course their “religion” is completely bonkers, not as bonkgers as Mormonism or Judaism or Islam or even Christianity or SHinto or whatevr supernatural religions fits the bill, so they are really doing this for themselves, as part of their missions. Just like the mormons come here for 2 year missions, same with JWs but it a looser more informal. One guy I met said he has been here in Taiwan for 20 years! sitting down in parks and letting people read his brochures, never pushing or being pushy. I asked him if he had had much sucess getting converts in Taiwan. he said "not very.’ I asked him why he keeps at it. he says he was born JW in USa and this is all he knows. he admitted he was brainwashed but that’s his life he said.I said to him yeh we are all brainwashed, me too. that made him smile.

Another JW told me:
‘‘Although many things in our future remain nebulous and unknown, one thing is for sure- as long as we continue pursuing Kingdom interests, our future is bright. May Jehovah’s blessing be with all his people.’’

''These past few weeks, we’ve had the cycle hit us pretty hard. Almost ten JW people have either already gone home or are going home soon, and we’ve been doing some last minute activities with as many people as we can! First, we had a group dinner/game night at Alix’s house to send off Ayaha and Kiara- Ayaha going home for a time, Kiara going to expand her ministry in Australia.

Then we had another party, again with food, games and music, for Jessica, who has been here for over one year and is going back to her home congregation in England. Jessica actually lived underneath a sister’s store- she has a huge basement that she’s outfitted as a kind of hostel[b], with bedrooms and a common area, [/b]but ***only for Witnesses- so we got to invite more people to her party!’’

The JW apparently have a real system set up here, invisible to all except those in the club. Interesting. I never knew this.