Mayor Ko’s accomplishments:
- Get Farglory to concede and at least return to the safety standards in the contract.
- Reduced City Government’s debt by 30 Billion NTD. That translates to each Taipeiren see their share of the debt reduced from 50 thousand to 40 thousand NTD.
- Replaced all led water pipes in Taipei City.
- Taipeiren can participate in city budget review after training http://pb.taipei/
- Improved traffic with many measures, including removing unused bus lane, and stopping double parking.
- Improved public child care, from an online platform that allows parents to find sitters to public and community child care.
- Improved elderly care, especially for home care, and care for elderly who wish to pass away at home.
- Stepped up labor inspection
- Crack down on drugs.
Drugs confiscated during Mayor Hau’s tenure:
2013 - 152 KG
2014 - 144 KG
Drugs confiscated during Mayor Ko’s tenure:
2015 - 400 KG
- Four main Public housing projects to be completed by 2018. One of them is already finished, and another one to be completed this year. The 4 projects will create 50,000 public housing, each one costing less than 7,000 per month.
- Finally Taipei Metro has an official App that’s working