Ko Wen-je

Didn’t the administrative courts change the picture somewhat?

“It’s easier to rape than seduce”

What was the context of that?

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/appledaily/article/headline/20170511/37646635/

Google Translate isn’t helping, it makes it sound as if Ko himself was raped…

The problem is not whether it’s easier to rape than seduce, but he used rape as a metaphor to financial problems of landlords.

He also admitted that his words were inappropriate.

Meh, not going to get triggered for a metaphor.

It’s like that time Keanu Reeves took the NY subway to work and gave a seat to someone who needed…except this is Mayor Ko.

Dude…he walked from Taipei 101 to City Hall. Two questions…did he do this on purpose to prove a point and how are their no other buses in his area that drop him off closer to city hall?

This is the best thing. A lot of the attraction to driving to work is the perceived status of owning a car. Once politicans and business leaders choose to commute by public transport and cycling, you can change that perception.

2 Likes

My random guess is that either here or on some obscure Taiwanese forum we will find:

a) HURRRR, HE WANTS TO PROMOTE PUBLIC TRANSPORT TO MAKE THE PEOPLE SPEND MORE MONEY ON PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION, MAKING THE CITY, HIMSELF AND HIS FRIENDS RICHER

b) HURRRR, HE WANTS TO PROMOTE CYCLING SO THAT PEOPLE WILL BUY BICYCLES FROM HIS FRIENDS WHO PRODUCE AND SELL BICYCLES SO THAT RICH PEOPLE WILL BECOME EVEN RICHER

c) HURRRR, NOW IT LOOKS LIKE TAIWANESE CANNOT AFFORD CARS, WHAT A SHAME TO THE EYES OF THE WORLD, TRUMP…ehm…KO SHOULD RESIGN

I can basically guarantee it.

Is he like an unicorn for you guys? Even taking the bus deserves praise now?

1 Like

Haha.

But it’s a good thing that someone like him promotes a usage of public transportation.

1 Like

No. He’s not promoting public transportation. Don’t be ridiculous. Proper public transportation promotes itself.

One thing I love here is that the higher officials do not feel the need to decorate their offices like a fancy boutique hotel. They are not big as stadiums and are truly used as workplaces. The officials usually run their own errands, like bank stuff or you can bump into them shopping at the cafeteria. This kind of behavior is expected, even if it is fake humbleness, it is a goal, and deviation is frowned upon. I like that. This is a rich country compared to mine. Yet the president drives a «cheaper» car than any of our ministers.

I wished people in my country did not value manhood or social class based on the vehicles they drive. That would make our lives simpler, lower death rates and gives us better air. Imagine if all that money could be saved and moved into other areas if the economy, instead of a single pocket.

So I am glad the mayor of Taipei is setting an example. But not even a date with Keanu Reeves would get me on the NYC metro ever again. I hope I never have to set foot inside that cavernous mess. We should all enjoy and appreciate to have a reliable, safe and affordable transportation service. Hope they can expand it so all Taiwan can afford and enjoy.

yes

yes

Why is that? Is it them projecting their own duplicitous nature?

If that’s the case you guys should feel ashamed.

The bar is set so low in Taiwan that you gotta start somewhere.

:roll_eyes:

Unfortunately, their policing fuckery certainly doesn’t match the humility of their fucking cars and offices.

1 Like

Should! But other people’s butthurt gives me power, so I’ll always pick the side that generates more butthurtery.

1 Like

Promoting public transportation so people do not ride scooters and drive cars to work everyday, in turn creating less pollution in Taipei. Oh the horrors.

2 Likes

Wasn’t Hitler a supporter of nationalized services?

I see a pattern here!!1!1!one