Korrnell Academy (康乃薾(康乃爾)雙語學小) in Hsinchu

This bonus is a bullshit way to keep people in line. The whole English system they have is broken (just look at the use and refusal to go away from Treasures books) and to say the least, poorly thought out in terms of curriculum and student learning. If they have a problem with workbook marking, they should reevaluate their system to see if, you know, it makes sense or not. None of the managers have an education-related background. For-profit education is a bane to Taiwan.

…and Korrnell does a magnificent job of scaring them away while treating them like dirt. Of course supply and demand exists - it doesn’t mean you need to dehumanize your workforce or set them against each other. It’s called management.

This is because previous groups of foreigners told them to go fuck themselves when they tried to get extra free time.

Also: sorry you’ve got Stockholm Syndrome :wink:

1 Like

Korrnell Academy to me, has become synonymous with such word as: hope, ambition, dream, confidence, and achievement for educators and students. Far from being fragile, these words are representative of my involvement with this school. I have been working here at Korrnell Elementary for the past two years, and what an experience it has been. The educators are supported by a highly qualified administrative team that supports the goals of their teachers.

Korrnell Academy is an elite institute of education that is well regarded in the community. The school has a science laboratory with lab equipment, three computer labs, a state of the art projector, computers in every classroom, and a strong supporting cast of teachers. Overall, my experience working here have been great. I would highly recommend this school over others in the area because it pays well, there are excellent benefits, and a high salary.

The subsidized housing is superb! The schools provides a smooth transition for newly arriving teachers to get their bearings. It comes complete with a comfortable bed and toilet, a clean restroom, a balcony with a beautiful view of Jhubei City, modern style furniture, an elevator to make moving in easy, convenient location, high-speed internet, a flat screen tv with cable, a kitchen with electric appliances, and a 24-hour security guard. But let’s not get sidetracked, you will be spending more time at school then your lovely accommodation.

And now it is synonymous with someone at Cornell being paid to write positive reviews on this website. Well done on that! You have one spelling mistake in your post and three pluralisation errors. I challenge you and your team to find them. :smiley:

Hey, be fair.
Who has time for subject/verb agreement between trips to the gym to get super jacked so one can get eye-****ed by unsatisfied local girls with weedy shiny-pantsed boyfriends???

Come on now, with a comfortable toilet anything is possible.

Crap, I missed that part.

Wait, are those two separate fixtures or is that one of those combination deals for small apartments?

A combi nap and crap? That’s yer million pound idea right there, buddy.

We’ve all had teaching gigs like that. :cry: The question is, as you will be spending most of your time at work, what are the shitters like there?

Snooze ‘n’ Poos!!!

Mister, I think we’re rich. :thumbsup:

The bed bidet.

“Because sometimes you want to log on while your logging out.”

This thread just became amazing.

Leave it up to that bizarre hellhole to make my life more entertaining. At least I got that out of working there!

He even spammed other boards with this nonsense: https://taiwanease.com/tw/forums/korrnell-academy-in-xinzhu-t7002.html

Elite because you’re not allowed to give a grade below an 80. You’ll hurt the students’ feelings and since their parents don’t do any parenting, they’ll go beserk.

True story: I was once yelled at for TAKING KIDS TO USE THE LIBRARY DURING CLASS TIME. Because the librarian didn’t want to be bothered. Never used the nonexistant science facilities. Computer labs are OK, but as there are only 3, you never get your class in if you want - they’re reserved for Chinese classes only. Projectors/computers - yeah, one computer that is a POS for a school which charges as much as it does and on both accounts - the public schools have these, too. Big deal.

As for teachers: might be a strong suit - unfortunately they hate their job by Halloween.

…and because someone (I won’t name names, but I know) told you to write this…

Hahaha, I think he’s trying to stick it to the boss here.

BTW: pay is about 70,000 usually with a definite 18% tax regardless of your time in Taiwan. They withhold tax even if you’ve been here long enough for it to be 5-6%.

The toilet will be nice when you get laduzi from the food.

Does anyone have an update on this school? I’ve been asked for a Skype interview and was wondering if anyone had things to say that hadn’t already been covered, or had had any new experiences. Accounts of positive experiences would be welcome, but if you’ve been mucked around, please share!

Short answer: stay away.

All of the posts saying bad things about it were made in the last few months.

Did you accept it?

Man, that place is ALWAYS advertising. How good could it be?

If you are a certified teacher you can do better. If you’re not a certified teacher it’s not a bad gig; otherwise your alternatives are work at a buxiban or at HESS or Eagle. Korrnell offers steady hours and decent pay and the work isn’t hard just tedious and time-consuming.

It has been three years since the last post and I am looking into this school, as well as two other schools through a job fair. I am definitely concerned by what I am reading on here, but I also know things can change with time. Is there anyone with recent information that can tell me about this school?

Hi! I also have a job offer at Korrnell in Taichung now. Apparently they have new ownership now. Did you take the job? I’m looking for up to date feedback on how it is to work there now.

Hi Lee-Anne,

I did not take the job and have been back in the states since 2011. Hope you find the information you need and good luck!

Anyone have info on Korrnell in Taichung?

This post is now SUPER old, but I was wondering if you’d mind sharing your experiences at Korrnell Academy? I’ve got an approaching interview. Thanks.

Do you still need info?