Kratom in Taiwan

I have been through several pages so that I wouldn’t double post the same question, yet I can’t find this question.

Does anyone who knows what kratom is (it’s a leaf, usu from Indonesia, but also all over asia) that you can make tea from. Works better than coffee for me. Has anyone been able to find a shop (like a tea shop) that sells this or is online ordering the only way to go. I know it’s not illegal nor controlled here in Taiwan. Thanks! I am in the Hsinchu area.

Following. I tried Kratom once and didn’t feel any effects, but I may have prepared it wrong. Might be a good idea to search for the TCM name, and ask in a chinese medicine shop. Other than that, mail order from HK or the west. I know sites like shamanic garden probably have it. I keep meaning to order some hawaiian rose wood seeds, rivea corymbosa, or morning glory, but never get round to it. I think they’re all legal here.

Thanks, yes someone else mentioned a chinese medicine shop. The plant is the Mitragyna speciosa, chinese name is
帽柱木桐
Mào zhù mù tóng. Google translate will help you pronounce it. I’m thinking about just ordering it, seems easiest to do. I’ve had some great stuff, and some not so great stuff. The key is NOT to put it in boiling water. In fact I get the ground kind, and put a scoop in my mouth (hold your breath or it with go all in your sinuses) then down with orange juice or warm coffee. Only you’ll know how much you will need but don’t start with more than 3 spoons bc it could hit you hard depending on its quality and your tolerance. But it works better than any poison medicine doctors give for anxiety and depression and a HELL of a lot easier to quit! I’ll let you know if I come across any local.I’m not sure what “Shamanic Garden” is? Is it a store somewhere?

And I’ve checked and checked and it does appear to be legal here. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Don’t want trouble!

I know FOAFOAF who has trees here (east coast), but not sure they are selling the leaves (yet). I will ask.

[friend of a friend of a friend ]

[quote=“Nuit”]I know FOAFOAF who has trees here (east coast), but not sure they are selling the leaves (yet). I will ask.

[friend of a friend of a friend ][/quote]
please keep us updated. Do you know if you can get in chinese medicine shops? or the best site to order from to receive fastest also?

Sorry don’t know anything about mail order, though I can ask when I see people (that won’t be for a while though, as I’m away soon). Pm me later in May and I’ll ask around.

Only tried it once myself, a few years back.

The site was Shaman’s Garden:

shamansgarden.com/

Lots of similar sites around if you google. I don’t mind trying things once in a while but the list of side effects for Kratom put me off. I like Chamomile tea, B vits, Thiamine and Si Wu Tang for anxiety and depression. I’m much more into a sustained good feeling than a buzz nowadays.

Tried Salvia Divinorum a few times, that’s legal here. Wikipedia says nothing about a ban. But Salvia is more for fun, and might increase anxiety…

I knew an almost daily drinker a few years ago, and he claimed it was all good. But then you’ll deny all damage when in the throes of any addiction :slight_smile:. I don’t really understand how addictive kratom is, compared to say caffeine. He claimed the only effect on him was the deep dark half-circles under the eyes, but appeared to regard those as an appearance enhancer.

Deep dark circles are sposed to be signs of kidney weakness, according to TCM. Even in the west it means malnourishment and fatigue. Yes, addicts deny all damage…

After giving up unhealthy vices I can now get a buzz off grape juice or watermelon.

[quote=“HenHaoChi”]The site was Shaman’s Garden:

shamansgarden.com/

Lots of similar sites around if you google. I don’t mind trying things once in a while but the list of side effects for Kratom put me off. I like Chamomile tea, B vits, Thiamine and Si Wu Tang for anxiety and depression. I’m much more into a sustained good feeling than a buzz nowadays.

Tried Salvia Divinorum a few times, that’s legal here. Wikipedia says nothing about a ban. But Salvia is more for fun, and might increase anxiety…[/quote]

For me, it’s not the buzz, it’s a nonpharmaceutical way of dealing with depression and anxiety with little to no withdrawal (for me). Better than a cup of coffee, and even in the coffee family. I’ve tried all the teas, vits, essential oils, and kratom always wins out. I haven’t had any since being here, and I’m fine, but still would like to know that I could access if here if I wanted. Looks like I’ll have to order. Now to find a place to order from Hong Kong bc it will take forever to get here from the west.

Never tried salvia, but was curious–for the spiritual experience–not recreational. I hears it’s not recreational anyway, and I long grew from those days some time ago, only to advance into spirituality. I’d be very curious about salvia.

Oh, and I did go by a chinese med shop today and asked for it by plant name and kratom/ketom in chinese. They had never heard of it. Tried to sell me a $3600NT bottle of cinnamon and something. As one of the companies replied to me today, they like the keep this on the DL since we are beginning to see it banned all over the place as being the “new dangerous drug.” Give me a f’ing break!

I have ounces of Kratom that I’ll never finish. I probably have under a pound (12~13 oz) of various strains of it in my cabinet. I have a US friend who bought it from a reputable online vendor and shipped it to me. If someone wants a sample and buy a good portion from me, let me know.

I’ve tried it about 3 times, different strains. Tried the Red Vein Thai, Green Indo and another I forgot. It’s like finely crushed leaves, almost like powder, and you just gulp it down because it tastes nasty. It can be stimulating in lower doses (3~4g), and sedating in higher doses (6g+) and lasts several hours depending on the type of strain.

I’ll buy some from you - looks like we’re both in Taipei. How can I contact you?

[quote=“ronnycjc”]I have ounces of Kratom that I’ll never finish. I probably have under a pound (12~13 oz) of various strains of it in my cabinet. I have a US friend who bought it from a reputable online vendor and shipped it to me. If someone wants a sample and buy a good portion from me, let me know.

I’ve tried it about 3 times, different strains. Tried the Red Vein Thai, Green Indo and another I forgot. It’s like finely crushed leaves, almost like powder, and you just gulp it down because it tastes nasty. It can be stimulating in lower doses (3~4g), and sedating in higher doses (6g+) and lasts several hours depending on the type of strain.[/quote]

If you have any left, I’ll buy some from you.

Also interested :smiley:

If anyone is interested, I have a legit source who has become a friend from Indonesia. He is very reasonably price and high quality. PM me for details if interested.

[quote=“ronnycjc”]I have ounces of Kratom that I’ll never finish. I probably have under a pound (12~13 oz) of various strains of it in my cabinet. I have a US friend who bought it from a reputable online vendor and shipped it to me. If someone wants a sample and buy a good portion from me, let me know.

I’ve tried it about 3 times, different strains. Tried the Red Vein Thai, Green Indo and another I forgot. It’s like finely crushed leaves, almost like powder, and you just gulp it down because it tastes nasty. It can be stimulating in lower doses (3~4g), and sedating in higher doses (6g+) and lasts several hours depending on the type of strain.[/quote]

Do you still have any kratom to buy?

Sorry, I barely check this forum board, probably once every 2~3 weeks. Anyways, I sent you a PM “kvsouth”, if he doesn’t buy it all and I got some left over, I’ll send you a PM “Ryan14” if you are still interested.

Did anyone ever figure this out? I’m looking to buy in or around hsinchu. I am willing to have something shipped in too I just don’t know where one have it shipped to as I don’t have a permanent address yet. I should within a week, but I would really like something before that. Any info would be helpful.

I can help. Pm me.