Krav Maga in Taipei

Hi
Is anyone on here taking Krav Maga classes in Taipei right now? Could you comment as to how good the classes are? Just toying with the idea at the moment, but it sounds like fun.
Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

Honestly, anything outside of Martial arts originating from Asia, don’t have high expectations of here besides maybe bjj. I’ve seen Gym hire thai guys for extra cash to teach Muay Thai because they’re Thai and since it’s their national sport, they do know a little about it. Like getting an American to teach football. There’s a reason there’s only 3 Taiwanese pro fighters and non of them reside and train here anymore outside of visits.

I’ve seen some awful teachers of martial arts in taiwan. Some even dangerous that I had to step in and stop. One dude was trying To teach “defensive drills” at my gym and asked if we had any head gear. I wanted to knock the fuck out of him, head gear does nothing to prevent concussions. They just prevent facial damage from padding. Doesn’t stop your brain from bouncing inside your brain when you get hit everytime. There’s a reason it’s banned in almost every boxing circuit. The guy clearly did not know what he was doing and I wanted to ban him from the gym since I’m guessing he was also using it to train for profit which they aren’t allowed to do.

Aha, ok. Anywhere you would recommend for someone not so young and not so fit? I am sub-beginner level :slight_smile: