Landing Visa to ARC?

Hi all,

Just a quickie.

Is it possible to get a landing visa for 30 days at the airport then convert it to an ARC when in Taiwan?

Thanks for any info.

B

[quote=“beartw2009”]Hi all,

Just a quickie.

Is it possible to get a landing visa for 30 days at the airport then convert it to an ARC when in Taiwan?

Thanks for any info.

B[/quote]
As far as I know, you can’t.

If you know the right people, yes, otherwise, no.
I know someone who’s managed to do this, but for most of us mortals, this is not an option, you’d have to leave and go and get a visa somewhere and then come and convert that to an ARC.

1 Like

There is a new law - as of 2008 - which allows you to go from a landing visa to an ARC without leaving Taiwan. I found out about this from a lady at the Bureau of Consular Affairs, who was taking me through the process until she spotted a 1 day overstay on my landing visa. So I had to fly to Hong Kong - but only because of my overstay.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks! I was not aware of this.

Wow, that’s cool, how come this “news” was never publicly announced?

BOCA disagrees:

Needless to say, most likely we are not talking about a landing visa but a visa-exempt entry but even that cannot be converted according to BOCA.

i changed my landing visa to an ARC, its in another thread if you search.

IF you start with a landing visa, your employer can apply for a resident visa for you. once you get the resident visa you can apply for the arc.

Same here, I got mine and never left the country.

Just get an employer to sign you up. Give them the diploma, they send in the paperwork.

Paperwork comes back, you go into another office with your paperwork, passport and from 1-4000, can’t remember which but I had to pay the whole thing.

Your passport comes back and they gove you x amount of days to go get the ARC.

Easy as pie. And no money wasted (leaving the country that is, especially to Hong Kong because they are not cool).

Dear A-Ha,

Do you or does anyone have a link to this law? It would be super helpful and appreciated.

Thank you,
G.O.

Dear LostSwede,

Do you or does anyone have a link to this law? It would be super helpful and appreciated.

Thank you,
G.O.